• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citronella oil isnt working.....

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
i had some last year and it realy worked ...kept the flies away great ... this year couldnt get the same one so bought some off the internet...but its just not working .

it says pure citronella oil but it smells completely different ...and there are flies every where ... :?:?:?:?

I use the Boots own brand and that seems to work quite well.

I save my clubcard point, so it doesn't cost me anything.

We've got fly nets up and tubs full of fly repelling plants and still getting the odd one or 2 chancing it. All ours are rearguarded (including the pigs) and we are recommending it to all the boarders too. Just out and about there seem to be a lot more flies this year than before. If you want any Beaphar Angie let me know.

its just not practical to flynet everything here .. some of the buns get free range time and im not willing to stop that ..

it would cost an absolute fortune anyway to flynet everything :?

so im on twice daily fly egg check alert .... :roll:..not easy with 17 bunnies and two piggies :roll:

its just not practical to flynet everything here .. some of the buns get free range time and im not willing to stop that ..

it would cost an absolute fortune anyway to flynet everything :?

so im on twice daily fly egg check alert .... :roll:..not easy with 17 bunnies and two piggies :roll:

Can I swap you, we've got 30 here at the moment not counting piggies:roll:

I use the Holland and Barrett one. It seems to do the trick hopefully. I also have some mint plants and lavender in pots.

I use the Holland and Barrett one. It seems to do the trick hopefully. I also have some mint plants and lavender in pots.

Mint and lavendar are good deterrents. We've also got basil, apple mint, chrysanthemums and tagets and thyme.
Have you tried pop bottle traps Angie? Elve posted a brilliant link up the other day to a site that showed you how to make them

I bought some from Holland and Barrett today and it is only offer for £2.39 instead of £4.39. A good saving if you still needed some.

Back