• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hilda's Fliss needs some vibes please

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you know Hilda's son and Leanne are getting married at midday and Fliss has been rushed to the vets this morning. Hilda thinks it is her teeth as she is dropping hay and is lying flat down.

Fliss will be having any necessary treatment and staying overnight at the vets to be on the safe side.

Any vibes for Fliss would be very much appreciated.

Bunny ............ your timing is outrageous!

Tons of vibes for Fliss. I hope she picks up soon so that her bunny mummy can enjoy the wedding without additional stress.

Hi everyone. I can't update you about Fliss as I don't know what's happening. I went out to feed them on sat at 7.30 but she wasn't interested in her pellets and was just lying down. I tempted her with some rasp leaves, which she ate and I thought she was probably ok. I went out again at 8 just to check on her before going to the hairdresser and realised she'd not moved much and my heart just sank! She went upstairs and I thought she was going to eat some hay as she picked it up but then she just let it drop and did that stretching thing again.:(. So I knew there def was a problem. Rog told me just to go to the hairdresser as he could see I was getting stressed. He said he'd watch her till 8.30 and then phone the vet. I wasn't sure if our vet opened on Saturday morning anymore which would mean a dash down to the emergency one on the Wirral (a good 30 mins away!!). However, Bunnybabe told me not to worry, that if necessary she'd come and get her and take her for us..a round trip of over an hour..thanks Sandra, you're an angel!! As it turned out, the vet was open till 11 am..Rog phoned the hairdresser to tell me that although the vet was fully booked he was to bring her right away and they'd fit her in somehow, so I stopped there on my way back from the hairdresser and waited till rog brought her. I had a word with the receptionist( we know each other quite well!!!) and explained what her symptoms were , and asked if I could just sign the treatment form and added a bit to the bottom which would give them carte blanche to do whatever they deemed necessary, as I didn't want to be listening for my phone to ring during the service. We decided that she should stay there overnight regardless and they'd ring around 11am this morning but we got back late from the hotel today so we'll have to collect her tomorrow morning now. They've not left a message on the answer phone so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that all's well with her. I'll update as soon as I can.

Oh Hilda the waiting must be horrible and poor little girl, hope you get good news tomorrow. If you ever need to get anybun up the Wirral again and I can help I always will

I have been wondering all day about Fliss but knew you would text me if you had heard anything.

Homer lies flat down and gets up and lies down etc when we don't catch his teeth in time (which is why we schedule it in now :roll:)

I'm sure she will be fine Hilda. I can understand why you stayed late at the hotel (lovely place) and to see Gordon and Leanne off.

:wave::D:D:D Fliss is fine now. The vet rang about 30mins ago . Poor Fliss had to have 9 teeth burred. Vet said it wasn't that they were long..just very very spikey:shock: Isn't it odd how it seems to happen with no warning. I expect it's just that the condition reaches a tipping point and that's it! Anyway, she's fully recovered and eating and pooing well, so I've to collect her tomorrow morning:lol:

:wave: Great news Hilda, so glad she is OK. :D She is such a good hay eater too.

I get no warning at all with Homey either until it is "serious".:roll:

Yes, she loves her hay, but the problem is that her jaw is misaligned. She has quite a scar on her lip and one tooth missing from the same side which makes the vet wondered if she had been kicked in the head at some stage.:shock::(

Back