• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo!!! What should I do?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Jasmine or Daphne has done one of those awful black squidgy poos they used to do when I first got them :cry:

Jasmine is just lying in the corner, she is not bunched up and doesn't look in pain, but she didn't respond to her food or to me petting her like she normally does. I put some parsley right under her nose (even though they don't normally get veg until an afternoon), and she ate that straight away.

Do you think that she is too hot? I froze some water in bottles to put in with the piggies and buns outside, but I wasn't going to give the girls one because it's cooler inside and I thought they have trouble keeping their temperature up after a spay.

alvin has gone into snooze mode now hun, it could just be that time of the day? if she ate what you gave her then i could just be that red alert feeling we get.

Alvin didnt come see what i was doing this morning when i done the litter trays and panic down my spine :oops: hes totally fine tho :oops::oops:

Yeah, could be. She is pretty lazy! I don't really want to put anything cold in there in case they are having trouble keeping their temps up

your temp seems quite livable i wasnt putting anything cold into the cage until days like today when its over 20 degrees at 8am :shock:

hope shes ok hun, just keep an eye and if she refuses food straight to the vets as you already know anyhows

bunnies are not stress relievers!! :(

your temp seems quite livable i wasnt putting anything cold into the cage until days like today when its over 20 degrees at 8am :shock:

hope shes ok hun, just keep an eye and if she refuses food straight to the vets as you already know anyhows

bunnies are not stress relievers!! :(

Yeah, I'm freezing! And all the hutches are in shade outside so think everyone is ok for today.

Thanks, I'm at work 12-4 today so I am a bit worried, but I think she'll be ok. Might give them their veg before I leave.

I know!!! They should just learn to speak. I might try to train mine, one thump means yes, two means no...

Hey hun, if she's eating I wouldn't worry too much. I'm only up the road from you and its toasty in my flat, its gonna be a warm one, and can you imagine wearing a fur coat in it! When its like this both of mine just flop out in a corner, even angry Pud. Just make sure they've got nice cold water and plenty of and they should be ok indoors.

Neil is about till 11:30 (normally runs over) so call if you think she's getting worse.

Hey hun, if she's eating I wouldn't worry too much. I'm only up the road from you and its toasty in my flat, its gonna be a warm one, and can you imagine wearing a fur coat in it! When its like this both of mine just flop out in a corner, even angry Pud. Just make sure they've got nice cold water and plenty of and they should be ok indoors.

Neil is about till 11:30 (normally runs over) so call if you think she's getting worse.

It's only 19 degrees up here apparently, I've freezing!! You think I should put something cold in for them as well?

you could try and see what they do, worst case they ignore it and you've wasted your time!!

Its def snooze time in this house, they've both taken themselves off into the spare room for a long nap so maybe the girls are on the same clock hun, they'll still be a bit huffy about the vets if they're anything like mine too!!

you could try and see what they do, worst case they ignore it and you've wasted your time!!

Its def snooze time in this house, they've both taken themselves off into the spare room for a long nap so maybe the girls are on the same clock hun, they'll still be a bit huffy about the vets if they're anything like mine too!!

This is true! Yeah, everyone is a bit flopped out here, apart from Harvey, but I swear that bun never sleeps. Wish I could snooze all day!

Sounds a bit like my experience last evening. Its the poo thing that would make me think. When was op? Could she be in a little pain? Or once again, could just be feeling the heat like my two were. Let us know how they are later won't you?!

They seem ok, Jasmine was just lying where she was this morning, they nommed their veg when I put it in. She has been lying in her own wee though :( they always do this but I'm worried it'll mean she ends up with an infected spay scar.

What can I do to stop her though? I don't even realise until she gets up, and I don't want to keep moving them and stressing them out

Can you put a towel or something for her to lie on? I don't know, but Robert's sitting in wee too at the moment and it seems to drain away through the towel ok. :?

Hope they're ok. x

Hey hun, you got any vet bed? I know that sucks the wee to the bottom so she's not lying on it, be useless for tonight mind in this heat but its gonna cool down over night and generally over the next few days so maybe stick a big square of that in and a frozen bottle too??

I've got spare vet bed if you need any and I'm out and about shopping with my mum tomo so can pick up one of those ice pods if I can find one?

Let me know xxx

Thanks hun, I have VetBed, might try a towel while it's warm though. I was going to get some ice pods yesterday but then I remembered about the frozen water bottles! xxxx

Back