• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you think Benson & Lola are ok?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Went to let them out tonight as usual and they didn't want to!:shock: That is sooo not like them. They are usually full of beans, happy, excited to get out, looking for food etc...

Well Lola was eating fine but more skittish than usual, stamping her feet and running away each time I moved. Not like her.

Benson wouldn't eat at first and was squashing his tummy to the floor a little. Eventually found something he would take - rich tea. Then some dried carrot and apple but no pellets or basil! Then he came out and had a bit of a run and started to eat grass.

Lola in meantime stayed in her box and only poked her nose out to snatch food off me - very strange behaviour for my two!! :shock:

Long story short, eventually after about an hour they were both out eating grass and both dived into their pellets and dried herbs when I put them back in.

What was wrong with them?? I have no experience of this. Did something frighten them? They were still eating out of my hand so it couldn't have been me?

Can't wait til the morning now to see them, hopefully, back to normal. Do buns have wee funny turns like this?? Was Lola a bit spooked because Benson was off colour? Oh the worries! The worries!!!!! :shock:

Do you think it may be the heat? I hope they're both back to normal tomorrow. :)

Maybe! They were fine at 5 though when I stuck a bit of parsley through the bars. Their condo is cool then, because of where the sun is in my garden.

Pye and Pud have done this a couple of times, completely freaked out, thumping and not leting me anywhere near them. I have no idea what was up withthem but they seemed to get over it after a bit. It could have been a loud noise or a bee, or if yours are like mine maybe one of the cardboard boxes was in the wrong place, that really freaked Pye out one night :roll:

Sounds like they were both coming round tho if they were eating again tho and having a run round, hope they're both ok x

Mine have done this a couple of times over these hot days. It does make you panic! Sounds like they have just been spooked, Harvey was flinging himself against the walls of his hutch today because my dad pulled up outside last night :roll: they are crazy, and their sense are so sensitive

Went to let them out tonight as usual and they didn't want to!:shock: That is sooo not like them. They are usually full of beans, happy, excited to get out, looking for food etc...

Well Lola was eating fine but more skittish than usual, stamping her feet and running away each time I moved. Not like her.QUOTE]

:wave:Hi, I am new but already finding this site sooooo useful.
I in a way pleased to see that it's not just my bunnies that have been a bit funny with the heat, my 2 have also been a bit 'odd' this evening.
Hopefully back to 'normal' tomorrow :)

Well I'm feeling a bit better now, thanks! Do you ever think that us bunny parents are just a tad paranoid?? :roll:

Well I'm feeling a bit better now, thanks! Do you ever think that us bunny parents are just a tad paranoid?? :roll:

Just a tad :roll::lol: think I've diagnosed mine with every disease under the sun, I'm normally just panicking.

:lol: I find the furry children can sometimes be more demanding than my 3yr old but I love them soooo much they are all part of the family :love:

D&Ds behaviour has been a bit odd just recently too! They'll go through a couple of days where, following breakfast, they go binky crazy charging around like mad things upstairs and downstairs! Then for the next few days all they do is eat and sleep?! Yesterday was one of those so it could be temp change that affects them, but it's very disconcerting!!

I also say the heat. Frankie usually sits out in the run part all day. He didn't yesterday he stayed in the playhouse until about 8ish in the evening.

Glad they are back to their usual selves :D

I know we all get super paranoid but its only cos we loves them so!!

Glad they are back to their usual selves :D

I know we all get super paranoid but its only cos we loves them so!!

Oh we loves them we do!! Hope yours are ok. Going to try and get mine back into their run now. I'm going shopping for supplies for new piggies coming!!! Have a nice day!

OOOH new family members!! fabulous day!! Enjoy your shopping and post lots of pics when the newbies arrive please!!

Back