• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help....weight on 10 year old?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
My mums bun is 10 and is struggling to keep weight on, he refuses to eat pellets so has a muesli/pellet mix as a compromise! He has fat....but none on his spine :?

Suggestions?

when my bun neede to gain some weight i made up a mush of vege baby food, porridge oats, pellets, and a weetabix. if she is a bit reluctant you can add a little bit of bannana to make it sweeter

oh and i have alson heard barley rings are good

Nutrical can help. Oats are good too. sunflower seeds can also help.

A boney spine can indicate ailing health, so it may be a health/age related issue that can't be solved by diet alone.

Does he like recovery/critical care? My boys would happily wolf a packet a day if they could! Packed full of bunneh calories.

Old rabbits always drop weight off their top-line. I think it's more likely to be muscle-loss if he has weight around his belly.

There's not really a lot you can do except feed more high calorie foods like oats, mix and fruit...but be careful that increased starch/carbs doesn't upset his digestion.

Does he like recovery/critical care? My boys would happily wolf a packet a day if they could! Packed full of bunneh calories.

No, he doesn't sadly!! :?

We're going to try some porridge tonight. He still has life etc, he loves nothing more than hopping around the garden, visiting my girl, having fuss and nibbling grass while sunbathing :)

Back