• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morals and Ethics and what ifs

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Sometimes being a bunny mummy is REALLY taxing on your mind, what you believe and sometimes is very hard to honour the promise you made to your animals, especially when you're only looking at and stressing about 'what ifs' and trying to work out the different outcomes if different things happens.

My brain hurts! So does my heart.

Reading that over, I don't even know if that makes sense.

Yes it does make sense - it's a constant tension between head and heart, between whether you can and whether you should, and it's sooo much easier to look at situations other than your own and have an opinion. It's nowhere near as easy when it's your own animals that you adore and connect with and want to do the best for, while also protecting yourself.

I'm not sure that makes any sense either :lol:

my brain is fuzzled after a long week at work... your pair are too cryptic for me today :shock::shock:

I think I know what you mean.

I find the responsibility of continually trying to make the right decisions for all our bunnies completely exhausting.

Sometimes I have to almost shut down and disconnect myself from the situation for a short time to try to look at things objectively :? Doesn't mean I don't care though. Its because I care so much that I have to try to do the best I can without becoming an emotional wreck at the time. Afterwrds is a different matter though.

Not sure that made sense either :oops:

I got you Santa:lol: And yes, I agree. Made sense to me. And Liz (yours just popped up as I was typing), that also makes complete sense and I know exactly what you mean too.

I've been thinking about things relating to mine and realising that if what I fear may happen does happen then I could also be judged so harshly for it, which makes it all even worse because I don't know where I stand and what's right and what's 'wrong'. :lol:

Owning those needy bunnies is just very hard, emotionally, physically, financially and in anyway possible.

I got you Santa:lol: And yes, I agree. Made sense to me. And Liz (yours just popped up as I was typing), that also makes complete sense and I know exactly what you mean too.

I've been thinking about things relating to mine and realising that if what I fear may happen does happen then I could also be judged so harshly for it, which makes it all even worse because I don't know where I stand and what's right and what's 'wrong'. :lol:

Owning those needy bunnies is just very hard, emotionally, physically, financially and in anyway possible.

Ok, you lost me with the second paragraph, but I am sure you always do the very best by your bunnies :love:

And I totally agree with the last sentance :)

Ok, you lost me with the second paragraph, but I am sure you always do the very best by your bunnies :love:

And I totally agree with the last sentance :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not surprised.

Basically, what I mean is some choices may be what you think is best for your bunny, all be them not common place or something you want, but you do it because you think its best, and yet others may judge you even though you thought long and hard and truly did try to do your best.

Essentially I'm catastrophising over this weeks events and what the future may hold. I know I shouldn't, but I can't not.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not surprised.

Basically, what I mean is some choices may be what you think is best for your bunny, all be them not common place or something you want, but you do it because you think its best, and yet others may judge you even though you thought long and hard and truly did try to do your best.

Essentially I'm catastrophising over this weeks events and what the future may hold. I know I shouldn't, but I can't not.

I see. Unfortunately there is always someone ready to judge, even though no-one except yourself will ever really know all the facts. As long as you choose the path you take with the best of intentions for the bunny that is all that matters. there never seems to be right or wrong answers most of the time, and we can always punish ourselfs with what ifs.

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with your threads this week ( or anyone elses :oops:) so don't know what this relates to specifically, so can only answer generally

I understand completely!

Sometimes you have to make hard decisions. ...sometimes it's just not fair to fight when it's obviously past that point. The hard thing is that it's down to you (owners) to make that call.:(

I haven't been able to keep up with a lot of threads on here recently, but if you have to make a hard decision then we'll back you!

General replying is good :) That's all I wanted because I fear if I was too specific I would be hunted. :lol:

I just want to honour the promise to my rabbits to always do what I think is best for them in any situation. Whatever that may be.

still lost and now feeling really dunce like for not getting it :oops::oops::oops::oops:

the people who will judge you for your decisions regarding anything in you life and not just bunnies are not people you should give two figs about anyhows... family and friends dont judge they stand by thier loved on no matter what... noone else matters

hope i havent gone totally off track here :oops::oops::oops:

still lost and now feeling really dunce like for not getting it :oops::oops::oops::oops:

the people who will judge you for your decisions regarding anything in you life and not just bunnies are not people you should give two figs about anyhows... family and friends dont judge they stand by thier loved on no matter what... noone else matters

hope i havent gone totally off track here :oops::oops::oops:

Sorry, please don't feel like a dunce. Basically, you know when something happens and then all the 'what ifs' come into your head, so you try to make plans for all the different what ifs? Well, that's where I am with Badger and Rosie's problems. Basically, the worst what ifs are causing me great concern and stress even though they have not happened and may not happen.

And no, you didn't go off track at all. :)

I think I know what you mean.

especially agree with what sky-O said with wondering about the what-ifs.

I've spent so many nights not able to sleep and worrying over the what-ifs that really aren't very likely. It's like I know I'm doing the best thing by my bunnies but the small chances that things could go wrong make me feel like I might be making a huge mistake.

Sorry, please don't feel like a dunce. Basically, you know when something happens and then all the 'what ifs' come into your head, so you try to make plans for all the different what ifs? Well, that's where I am with Badger and Rosie's problems. Basically, the worst what ifs are causing me great concern and stress even though they have not happened and may not happen.

And no, you didn't go off track at all. :)

oh yes them what if's :evil::evil::evil::evil:

if it helps i seriously considered Lou's offer to take Alvin and Holly for a few days after that phone call... now after me saying never in that very heated thread a while back id have been hunted and skinned alive by this place :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, I'm going through a lot of soul searching at the moment to decide whether to have Winston's tumour removed or whether to have him PTS :cry:

If I can only give one bit of advice, it would be that you should NEVER base your decisions on what other people may think or say...there will ALWAYS be people who disagree with you in life, and it shows strength of character to listen to other people's opinions but go against them if that's what you truly believe.

Yep, I'm going through a lot of soul searching at the moment to decide whether to have Winston's tumour removed or whether to have him PTS :cry:

If I can only give one bit of advice, it would be that you should NEVER base your decisions on what other people may think or say...there will ALWAYS be people who disagree with you in life, and it shows strength of character to listen to other people's opinions but go against them if that's what you truly believe.

I'm sorry about Winston. I can understand the debate you must be having.

The bolded bit is indeed excellent advice. I guess when the things that people say in disagreement echo your own minor doubts it makes a hard situation even harder.

Glad I was able to fill you in Donna.

What ifs are a complete nightmare.

Back