• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scamp has another massive hurdle to cross :( Update post 341 - hes gone :(

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Im so sorry to ask for vibes again... Scamp is really poorly :cry: He was sat on my lap this morning, and as i ran my hand down his back, i could feel a line all around his back end. On parting the fur, his skin is all broken in a line around his hips/pelvis :cry: Its like, all broken and theres a big line of infection/puss there. The vet shaved all his fur, and he said the skin is dying all around that area, but he had no idea what to do for Scamp :cry: Hes already on septrin 1.3ml twice daily for his throat problems etc so he said just to carry on with that, and if it gets worse, he will have to have all the skin removed on his back next week?!

Hes also lost more weight, and is back to 2.5kg.

Im going to consult with Jason Burgess again i think for a second opinion. I dont think Scamp can fight any more :cry: Hes been really withdrawn today and hasnt eaten much but i put this down to the heat. He isnt himself at all.

I cant get any clear photos of it as my camera is pants :(

Last edited:
Is the skin black and purple?

Poor Scamp, thats terrible, after everything you have both been through.

Sending millions of vibes xxx

omg hun, do they know why? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

poor little baby i really hope he has some fight left xxxxx

They asked if i'd split any chemicals on him :roll: Or if he'd be sat against a heat source where he couldnt move :roll: I sound like some sort of bunny beater :cry:

Hes also had 4 big choking episodes today with lots of mucus, so looks like thats coming back again xx

Is the skin black and purple?

Poor Scamp, thats terrible, after everything you have both been through.

Sending millions of vibes xxx

Nope Liz, the skin is the normal colour. Its just all parted, in a circle, and round the edges in like a 'well' theres all yellow infection just sitting there.

Devastated to read that poor Scamp (and you) have yet more to contend with. :cry:

Could he have depocillin injections? And manuka honey is brilliant for any infection, the higher the factor the better. Do hope they can help poor little Scamp.

Oh no hun I'm gutted for you, just as he seemed to be turning a corner :( I really hope that this turns out to be a minor setback and that he starts improving very soon xx

Devastated to read that poor Scamp (and you) have yet more to contend with. :cry:

Could he have depocillin injections? And manuka honey is brilliant for any infection, the higher the factor the better. Do hope they can help poor little Scamp.

I have to phont the vets tomorrow morning, im going to ask if we can up his metacam now (forgot to ask today), so will ask about the injections.

Ive been told just to wash it with salt water :? Surely it'd be worth giving the honey a go... where can i buy it from? xxx

I have to phont the vets tomorrow morning, im going to ask if we can up his metacam now (forgot to ask today), so will ask about the injections.

Ive been told just to wash it with salt water :? Surely it'd be worth giving the honey a go... where can i buy it from? xxx

I'll find a link and post...:wave:

Back