• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a new bunneeeeeee....pictures added

Charys

Mama Doe
I couldn't resist her yesterday when buying dog food in P@H. She was in the adoption section; aged 12-13 months, dark grey dutch (but with wonky markings on one side of her saddle), vaccinated and speyed and in tip top condition.

I am starting the bonding process with Mint, and they are currently separated when outside and with fencing down the inside of the playhouse. So far there have been no problems, they have been doing a bit of licking through the mesh and no sign of aggression on either side. However, Mint isn't due to be castrated until later this coming week, so they won't be together much until then as I don't want her bothered by a rather hormonal rabbit. She is such a delight - apparently 'timid' and 'a bit aggressive' (hence being returned), but this could not be further from the reality. She is happy to be cuddled, isn't bitey or scratchy and very docile when being picked up or stroked. She has been boldly running around happily kicking her legs out and binkying around, also lying out stretched as if she has been here all her life. She stretches up to see you and was happily throwing toys around within minutes of being here.

SOOOo glad we got her and gave her a second chance at a home, especially as she is such a truly delightful bun. Will put pictures up when I work out how to download from the new camera. BTW we have called her Luna.

Last edited:
Thats fab well done for giving her a loving home x What is the procedure with p&h adoption? Do they home check? How much do you pay? Are they all vac and health checked already?

Sorry I've not added pictures, I will have to try in the morning when I have the assistance of my DH, as something is not working with the download. Nope, no homecheck sadly ! However, they did ask some questions and I asked them lots of questions. The girl spent time running through the information that had come from the previous owner (not that it seemed accurate regarding her personality !!! She is SOOOO not timid, outside the playhouse just now she was standing up leaning against my legs LOL.) They ask for a donation, an amount of your choice, apparently the money all goes to an animal rehoming charity - I couldn't work out whether it was their own rehoming charity thing, something national or what really ?!

I have no idea I'm afraid what their procedures are for animals they get in generally, in terms of health checks, but apparently the previous owner had had her speyed and vaccinated. I really hope this is the case !! I'll get the vet to have a peek at her next week. Annoyingly the information did not state the date of last vaccinations, so now sure how to proceed with her next vaccinations..any advice anyone ?

2010-06-06014.jpg

2010-06-06003.jpg

2010-06-06011.jpg

Wonky white side, with heavy moult line on bum ! LOL

What a cutie pie.
I've always promised myself that if I see a male version of your new girly I'm deffinitely getting him and calling him Clarence.

Back