• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet bills??!!??

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
I had my rabbit given the myxi jab and it cost us about £25-£28 is this alot and also how much is a spay, and a neuter any help grately apppreciated:D

It really varies vet practice to vet practice, so ask them as to what their costs are.

That's on the steeper end of a vaccination, but not too astronomical.

My vet charges £19 for a myxi jab. No idea about neutering though as mine were already done by the rescue.

If I were you I would call a few places. You need to ask how much they charge for a spay and how many they do on average a month. That way you will be able to balance price with experience and hopefully find a good combination.

my vet charges £18.95 for jags, £61 for neuter (not including meds/pain killers) and £81 for spay (not including meds/pain killers)

Ohh! I always thought my vet was stupidly expensive but apparently they're not... :D Vaccs are £15.99 each or you can pay for myxi and VHD at the same time (but obviously still leave the weeks gap in the middle of them!) for £25. They're pretty expensive for neutering though. A castration is £64 and a spay is £86.

I paid £22 for myxi and my mum paid £16 at a different vets so prices vary. Maybe if you post your area somebody might be able to advice you on a reasonable bunny savvy vet near you.

I pay £19.50 per jab.
Neuters are circa £50 and spays are circa £60-70.
This is a good bunny savvy vet!

Back