• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions Re: Maybe Getting Fay a Husbun

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I think I may have finally talked hubby in to looking for a husbun for Fay!!!

Fay and Starbuck in my siggy were a failed bond and so both are living as single housebunnies at the minute. We are hoping to take Fay dating soon when my uni course finishes. We hope that for the immediate future they will be housebunnies but just trying to think of all eventualities and if for any reason they should have to go outside, we have the following questions:

1) the bit that any hutch/run, shed/run or kennel combo would be on would be concrete and we only have a very small patch of grass which would be shared with Twinkle and Star for free-range times. But can we put rolls of turf down in their run? Does this work? Does the grass continue to grow?

2) If we put Fay and husbun outside, could this cause fighting and aggression between Twinkle and Star who already have a shed/run combo out there? When we took Fay out a couple of weeks ago, the girls seemed to get a bit agitated - lots of foot thumping etc. (Although when Starbuck went out they were fine). I wouldnt want to jeopardise Twinkle and Star's relationship as they are very close and very skittish.

Any thoughts??

We've had the conversation about money, space, practicalities of holidays and boarding etc and think we should go ahead with enquiring about dating but just want to be absolutely sure that we can meet their needs and give them the best home for the whole of their lives.

Thanks.

Back