• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gutted for Fidget/ UD post 19

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Fidget has been quiet for a couple of months now. We thought it might have been caused by the spurs on his teeth but he has still been quite since the dental. Last week we decided to go ahead and get him vaccinated despite our reservations. Then on wednesday I thought he didn;t look quite right :? He has a very slight head tilt so couldn't put my finger on it.

yesterday I could clearly see his right eye was protruding slightly more than his left :( He has been to the vets this morning and they are pretty sure he has a tumour :cry: He has been given antibiotics just incase it is an abscess, but it seems unlikely.

He is only 2 years old so the vet did mention the possibility of removing his eye to see if the tumour could be removed, but as he only weighs around 850g we are not sure if this is the right thing to do :?

I am so gutted for him, as he has been on his own for months since Dumpling died and we have only recently found him the perfect partner, who should be arriving very soon :(:(

Last edited:
:( Aww bless him, he doesn't seem to be having a good time at the moment does he. Sending lots of vibes and big, juicy cuddle for him!!

Thanks.

I feel so bad for getting him vaccinated now :( He was done exactly a week a go and the vet didn't notice a problem then, so now I think the vaccination has upset his immune system giving the tumour a chance to grow :cry:

Thanks.

I feel so bad for getting him vaccinated now :( He was done exactly a week a go and the vet didn't notice a problem then, so now I think the vaccination has upset his immune system giving the tumour a chance to grow :cry:

I may not know everything in regards to rabbits, and there are a lot of people on this forum that know so much more than I do, but please do not blame yourself. You were doing what you thought was right for Fidget. If it's any consolation, everyone else would probably have done exactly the same. You do so much for all your buns, don't ever blame yourself for things that happen outside of your control xxx

Poor Fidget - sending lots of vibes for him.

We can only do what we think is right for our buns, and we all know you do the best you can for your guys.

I am considering my bonding options now :?

1, to leave him on his own :(

2. to bond him to the new bunny as planned

3. bond him to Mini Mouse, who is 7 years older than him. But he probably only has months left himself :( and we do have other possible partners for the new bunny :?

:( :( Poor little mite. He really is a darling. Sad that something so bad could be wrong so young :( You've given him fantastic care Liz and im sure you made the right decision in vaccinating him :)

I think bonding him with Mini Mouse would be a good idea :love:

Oh no, poor little Fidget. Liz you always do your very best for your buns and it's just sheer bad luck that this has happened after his vaccination. Even if he has only months left I'm sure them months would be best shared with a partner. Me personally think he would be just fine with Minne Mouse but as i can't guage their personality's what ever you decide I'm sure will be fine.
If there's anything i can do, just pm me.

:( you must feel like you live at the vets. Sending Fidget loads of vibes xxxx

I think the vets feel like we live their too :lol: we have had 9 rabbits there in 4 days :(

They have recently taken on a new part time receptionist, I am sure its because we are paying her wages :lol::lol:

Fidget had his first seizure today :(

We actually thought he was dying and it was the type they have as they pass away :cry: He went very still and floppy and just lay in my arms with his head slowly tilting. It lasted quite some time, but then to our surprise he started to recover. He is still not himself but at least he is still with us :)

I can't believe how quickly his tumour has progressed :( Such a shame as him and Mini Mouse, although not a loved up couple, do gain a lot from each others company :love:

Back