• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sharing a run?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I have a friends bunny staying with me for a few days while she is away. He's in a temp cage in my shed as they couldn't bring his cage, and as its a bit smaller than what he's used to, I wondered if it would be OK to let him out in the girls' run (obviously not at the same time as them, I'd be overun with bunnies :shock:).

I'm not worried about anything being passed, as I know he's up to date on everything, just curious if he would feel a bit weird being able to smell the girls scent all over it. He's not neutered and they aren't spayed, so I don't want his owners to come home to a randy, grumpy bunny :lol: or will it be OK?

He may have EC - or yours may - so I would be inclined not to share run space. I usually quarantine for several weeks when buns come here - not just for VHD or myxi

The whole male smell my cause fighting between your girls - it depends on the buns. I've got an un-neutered male here not causing any probs, but in the past I once watched half my buns start fighting when I walked through with an un-neutered male in an enclosed space:shock:

OK, thanks. Would it still apply even if I moved the run to a section of the garden where mine don't go? Or would it still be on the metal of the run? If so, maybe I'll put him in the guinea pigs run for a while. It's just horrible seeing him in a 4ft hutch (although it is only for a few days!).

They are all sharing a shed, and have been for over 24 hours, are they at risk in the shed too? They are a few feet apart in space. The girls so far don't seem to have noticed thankfully.

I think it's present in urine, & only if the spores are active, so moving run should be ok:D

Ah thank you :) I will do that then, was starting to feel bad! Saying that, it looks like its about to rain, so he may not be out for long. :roll:

Back