• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another week with the fiesty buns.

Another week with Teasel and Doodee. [Both are rescue buns with behaviour 'issues']

Doodee has so far wrecked the lounge, ripped up two big cardboard boxes filled with hay, eaten the curtains and one rug, gnawed the pine skirting boards, one pair of sons van shoes, two dustpan brushes and had a good go at digging through the back of the sofa by the look of things- no wonder she was quiet!
She is costing me a small fortune in hay has loads of toys, tunnels and the run of the lounge but is still leery of people but is now daring to watch what I am doing. Thankfully the attack rabbit stance is beginning to give way to a more curious ears forward stance and less teeth. I have left her with a large willow basket to clamber over and a willow ball with snippets of parsnips shoved in it.
Teasel is nearly 8 and is not happy about the smell of another rabbit even though she lives in a two storey hutch with an eight foot by five foot run during daylight and a large indoor cage at night. She is sulking and turning her back on me, ignoring food treats unless she thinks I am not around to see her take them- I knew she was in a mardy mood so warned the vet before taking her for her myxi booster yesterday. Madam for the first time in her life was uber cute for the vet,my vet knows her of old, she was putting her paws on him, letting him check her mouth and health and basically doing the sweet fluffy cow eye things that bunny's can pull off. She did not go for the vet...she saved that for me when I got her home and was letting her back out in her run in the garden.
There was me thinking it would be Doodee who bit me this week given how destructive she has been but it was Teasel who showed her gratitude for getting her myxi protection updated by running at me and chomping between my thumb and finger drawing blood. :roll: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, shouldn't laugh, but bunnies have such strong characters, and your sound a right pair!

Glad Doodee is starting to relax a little, tho.

Back