• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely rabbit

serendipity

Warren Scout
Any thoughts on this? Our three babies are almost 8 weeks and have been living alone since mum rejected them when her new litter was born. Two of the babies are going to their new home today and I am really worried the third will be lonely :( What can I do for him? We already have 2 older males both living seperately. They are 2 weeks post neuter and will hopefully be bonded in the future. Then we have mum and 6 babies in another hutch, they are almost 3 weeks now.

I hate seeing them all look lonely. The older 2 boys are in hutches and runs next to one another and touch noses through the runs but this one will have to be in another part of the garden.

I'm hoping in the future to bond into 2 pairs assuming I can find homes for the 6 babies, but obviously bonding is some way away as mum needs to be spayed and that won't happen until the babies are bigger and weaned. Then we will still need to neuter the little one - Thistle is his name, so I'm guessing we are several months away from bonding. He's still so little and the three of them have been inseperable.

Can he see other rabbits? Any contact is something.

And can you get him a teddy to groom & give him loads of attention?

Back