• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It gets worse

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Just been upstairs to have another look at the bedroom carpet to find Snowdrop has had runny poo all over the landing carpet. It must be linked to her sore hocks I found yesterday and me handing her to check her over. She stresses so easily and she hasnt had anything different to eat.

My OH has said she definately has to go outside, which I dont want but I can see where he is coming from. Neither of us want the house ruining.

I have cleaned up the mess with just warm water for now as I daren't use the vanish spray after what it has done to the bedroom. It has definately bleached the carpet in there which I am guttered about after only having the carpet for a month.

I don't know what to do for the best- Snowdrop for now is locked in our bathroom which has lino so she cant damage anything else.

awww hun cant you confine her in a cage area thats covered in cheap carpet like i do (or what ever people use for rabbits with hocks? that way your new cream carpet stays nice forever.

hope shes ok :(:(

Oh dear.....

Perhaps it's worth trying Snowdrop outside? Especially as it's warmer and she can acclimatise better.

It would save you a lot of stress, and probably be more interesting for Snodrop thatn being in the bathroom :?

Sorry to hear about Snowdrop.

Like others have said, cheap carpet in an area may be a solution. Is she on any medication? I find that Inky has runny poo when he has been on Metacam for a while.

FC x

Any chance of moving her to room without carpet permanently?

The only rooms that aren't carpeted are the kitchen (where Bungle is) and the upstairs bathroom which is where I have put her for now. The bathroom doesnt have a window so I wouldnt want her living in there with the door shut as there isnt any natural light.

awww hun cant you confine her in a cage area thats covered in cheap carpet like i do (or what ever people use for rabbits with hocks? that way your new cream carpet stays nice forever.

hope shes ok :(:(

She hates being caged, she goes ballistic chewing the bars and rattling everything until she has either made herself poorly with stress or has bust out!

She should be fine, she goes through phases like this. I know she cant help it and didnt mean to do it on the carpet.

if she refuses caged how will she cope outside :cry::cry::cry::cry:

im gutted this new house hasnt bought more joy hun i really am, life is supposed to get easier when we change stuff not harder.

if she refuses caged how will she cope outside :cry::cry::cry::cry:

im gutted this new house hasnt bought more joy hun i really am, life is supposed to get easier when we change stuff not harder.

I dont know how she would manage outside. She gets wound up inside because she can see us but can't get out. I think outside she would get used to it, especially as she would be in a wendy house so couldnt see out.

I also dont know how she would cope being able to see Strawberry from the run but not get to him. She is very aggressive and I wouldnt want her winding herself up.

Today I wish I never had bunnies. I know its horrid but I just seem to be so stressed and upset by them.

I dont know how she would manage outside. She gets wound up inside because she can see us but can't get out. I think outside she would get used to it, especially as she would be in a wendy house so couldnt see out.

I also dont know how she would cope being able to see Strawberry from the run but not get to him. She is very aggressive and I wouldnt want her winding herself up.

Today I wish I never had bunnies. I know its horrid but I just seem to be so stressed and upset by them.

It will get better! Once it's all sorted you will enjoy your bunnies again.

Perhaps confine her to a room with a piece of lino on top of the carpet short term until she's settled down again? I know it won't look pretty on top of nice carpet, but it will keep your carpets clean, and help her hocks, and if it's only short term it's not so bad....

i have felt that often over the last 2 years.

fingers crossed she loves the great outdoors :love::love:

She loves free ranging outside. I am just going to miss watching her before I go to sleep and waking up to her in a morning. I love having her in our room.

She loves free ranging outside. I am just going to miss watching her before I go to sleep and waking up to her in a morning. I love having her in our room.

be nice to get a proper nights sleep tho wont it :D

bunnies should come with warnings i think, they are so stressful :shock:

be nice to get a proper nights sleep tho wont it :D

bunnies should come with warnings i think, they are so stressful :shock:

She hasnt kept us up since we have moved! Now its carpet and not wooden flooring her binkies aren't half as loud!

what about putting Bungle upstairs and Snowdrop down in the kitchen? Or can she see Strawberry from there?

Bungles litter training is as bad as Snowdrops, if not worse! There is no way I would want him on carpet!

We have come up with 2 main options-

1) have Snowdrop in the upstairs bathroom but put a stair gate up so she can have the door open to get natural light. I know eventually though I will give in and let her out on the landing and she might make a mess again.

2) get another wendy house and move her outside. Not want I wanted at all but at least the house wont be ruined.

i reakon start with the bathroom idea hun, keep he locked up for a few weeks so she makes it hers then allow he out when you are home. Alvin and Holly bot toilet in thier room but have never gone anywhere else and if they did they would be back to locked up until i was confident the rest of the house is not classed as thier space.

see how it is in about a month when your less stressed about the house getting ruined and move her out if you are both still not happy. at the mo you are pretty emotional and may make a decision you regret later on

*hugggs*

I'd say try a wendy house, she would have alot of space so she would probably be okay with it, as she wouldnt feel "caged" , she would have alot of floor space. I suppose you will just have to find lots of things to keep her entertained, as for seeing strawberry, if she doesnt get used to it, you could board the end of either one of their runs so they cant see each other?

You could always bring her in inside for supervised playtime still, so it doesnt have to be outside100% of the time

x

Carpet is a bit of a menace with buns isn't it! WhenI have my own house I'm not having carpet, only in specific rooms, like the lounge and maybe bedroom and nowhere else!! I hope you can find some sort of solution for this.

Back