• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do...

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
... poor Sweep lost his wifey bun last week (Merry) and didn't take it too well, he went really depressed and I was very worried about him.

I decided to try and bond him with 2 neutered boys that I have (Albert and Norman), I already had issues with them as Norman is very bossy (a really bully especially at food time - chasing and fur pulling :roll:) and poor Albert had become very withdrawn :cry: which was why I thought that I would try them as I had nothing to lose.

Anyway Norman went ballistic and started attacking both of them going crazy :shock: - I took him out and Sweep and Albert bonded straight away - I moved them into the shed and they are eating together and sitting together and Sweep is really happy again, also Albert has really come out of himself and is so much more chilled (all within 1 week!!!) :D

Now that leaves bossy little man Norman on his own. He is (one of the) sweetest buns in the world with humans, but he does have teeth trouble and may need x rays and dentals.

So, do I leave him on his own? He seems really happy, he has a 6 foot hutch with 6 x 4 underrun and another 6 x 6 enclosed space attached when we are home - it is filled with toys and he is having a whale of a time. Am I being cruel to him?

I don't think you're being cruel, not if he is having fun and eating and playing. Can he see the other buns? I think some buns like company with distance between them.

He can't see other buns because I have a bonded pair either side of him (Albert and Sweep one side and Pickles and Thumper the other side), but I am worried that they might fight if they see him?

Am I worrying unnecessarily do you think - can bonded buns see other bunnies without fighting? Pickles and Thumper live in a shed so could only see him (if I let them) when they have free ranging time.

I am not so worried now but am thinking ahead about the shorter days in the winter time.

I have to say it will be easier to keep him on his own if he will be needing dentals I think? I would also worry about him with food if he was to have company.

I just worry full stop!!! :lol::lol::lol:

He can't see other buns because I have a bonded pair either side of him (Albert and Sweep one side and Pickles and Thumper the other side), but I am worried that they might fight if they see him?

Am I worrying unnecessarily do you think - can bonded buns see other bunnies without fighting? Pickles and Thumper live in a shed so could only see him (if I let them) when they have free ranging time.

I am not so worried now but am thinking ahead about the shorter days in the winter time.

I have to say it will be easier to keep him on his own if he will be needing dentals I think? I would also worry about him with food if he was to have company.

I just worry full stop!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I have 2 pairs of bonded boys. They share an aviary, but need a solid wall between them. But when they're out in the runs they can see each other, and so long as there's a couple of feet between the runs they are fine (they only get territorial if there is no space between them)

None of my bonded pairs fight when they see the other buns. The only issue I occassionally have is with Akasma she will chase Frankie but she does that anyway. :roll:

Back