• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking apart and moving the bunny shed...

Hi,

Has anyone any advice of taking apart and moving a shed (doesn't make and difference if it's a human or bunny shed really!).

My boyfriend seems to think that as it was put together with nails there's no taking it apart... but other poeple have inherited, bought etc second hand sheds to please tell me it must be possible, I want to take Floss's shed with me I've put so much hard work into it I'm not sure I can do it all again!

I don't really know too much about how it went together as I paid the company who I bought it from to do it for me. :oops:

Time to get on...

Thanks

H :)

I acquired play house. It was nailed together so I had to pull out all of the nails. It is time consuming but can be done.

It depends on the condition of the wood too. If it is rotten in any way it might not survive the trauma. You should be able to knock the nails out of it.

My dad unscrewed mine and transported it on his roof rack when we moved :D

Hello! I had to reply to this as I has this trauma ON moving day (I was disorganised!!) just 3 months ago when the guys helping said they could not remove it! However, do not fear, all was well although it didn't go back together perfectly you cant really tell. Mine was cheaply put together by a company and with nails. Some wood got cracked but it's still water tight. You have to rip the roofing felt tho, embarrassingly I still haven't replaced mine, did a quick fix with tarpaulin but I know well be moving again soon. Hope this provides reassurance, we decided mine wouldn't last another move. We had to leave some nails in and sort of sit the Walls back on them when putting it back together :Dgood luck!!!

Oh... dear... I'm not sure if I'm more or less worried now!

Going to take look at it this weekend but won't be taking it apart for a while yet!

Hannah

Back