• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I asked the OH to top the litter trays up whenhe got home

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
...as he gets home before me

and for some reason today he decided not to use the normal hay from the bale - he used the Burns Green Oat Hay instead - he used over half a bag on their litter trays!! :evil: I've told him more than once that that hay is treat hay only because it's expensive and that he should use the bale hay for litter trays. This just proves my point that he ever listens!!

My OH tells me that Zero 'doesn't even use his litter tray for pee' when I ask him to clean out their trays... so leaves it, I went to clean it out yesterday and there was 4 days of pee there from when he was meant to be cleaning. He also heaps up their food bowls because he says I'm cruel for not feeding them loads of pellets.

And tells me his gerbils 'don't need cleaning out'. Ever. :roll: Can you imagine what life would be like if there was only men??? :shock:

MEN!!!! :evil: :lol::lol:

I thought you were going to say he put the wrong tray with the wrong pair :? :shock:

Aww, I wouldnt be mad at my other half for that. its sweet he cleaned them out :) Although my OH listens to me and does it correctly when he cleans the bunnies for me :lol::lol: :love:

Aww, I wouldnt be mad at my other half for that. its sweet he cleaned them out :) Although my OH listens to me and does it correctly when he cleans the bunnies for me :lol::lol: :love:

I leave full instructions and everything :roll: sometimes I even write them down. I always write the veg instructions down. If there is no pee on the top he won't clean them, and he only cleans if I ask... then complains if they smell.

Tbh it annoys me because when we got them he promised he would help, and calls them his as well, then doesn't help, so I end up majorly stressed and like I have a 5 year old kid I have to nag at all the time. Anyway, rant over. Boys smell, end of!

Tbh it annoys me because when we got them he promised he would help, and calls them his as well, then doesn't help, so I end up majorly stressed and like I have a 5 year old kid I have to nag at all the time. Anyway, rant over. Boys smell, end of!

boy does that sound familir :evil: I don't care that he doesn't bother with the animals, or spend any money on them, cos they're mine, but when he goes out and says OUR ferrets/rats/dog it makes me so MAD!:evil::evil:

xxx

Men!! :roll:

Mine will fill up water bottles even when I am sat next to him when he notices them getting lower, and feed them, but thats as far as his uses go...... He doesnt know the difference between treat hay and normal hay, especially not price wise. He doesnt realise how much buns are but I dont tell him. Its my money... therefore, my choice. FACT.

:lol: My parents don't take much notice any more. Not now I've got it to a stage where it's less work so I am able to do it all. We only have one type of hay anyway :oops::lol: But I know when I'm not able to do it, they'll do something wrong. :lol:

He didn't clean them out, he won't. I asked him last night to clean them for me as i wasn't feeling well and he said no :evil:

Men!!

That made me laugh, sorry :oops:

My hubby is brilliant with Louie. Cleans out his litter tray, feeds him and cleans up the odd squidgy poop :love:

Aw Ian won't clean them out now theres two. He loves feeding them though, and I am sure there are little treats that get given when I am not there, THATS why there is special poops left.

Aw Ian won't clean them out now theres two. He loves feeding them though, and I am sure there are little treats that get given when I am not there, THATS why there is special poops left.

:lol:

Adam likes giving them treats because they go bananas and jump all over him so he feels loved, but anything else is obviously too difficult for his little peanut brain to cope with :roll:

:lol:

Adam likes giving them treats because they go bananas and jump all over him so he feels loved, but anything else is obviously too difficult for his little peanut brain to cope with :roll:

:lol::lol: Peanut brain lmao... I am gonna call it huim tonight, his head is shaped peanut like :lol:

...as he gets home before me

and for some reason today he decided not to use the normal hay from the bale - he used the Burns Green Oat Hay instead - he used over half a bag on their litter trays!! :evil: I've told him more than once that that hay is treat hay only because it's expensive and that he should use the bale hay for litter trays. This just proves my point that he ever listens!!

Oooh I know your pain! I bought 4 bags just before I went on holiday last week. I showed my Mum the hay for bedding, the hay for litter trays, and the hay for eating. Came back, and all 4 bags of green oat hay were finished, she'd used them in the litter tray! :censored: I know it was an accident, but its still a ****** as they are expensive.

J is really good with them :love:
We only have one type of hay though, and I clean them out. He is good at feeding them though....the other day he put extra hay in their trays-even though I had told him I was trying to put less in and topping up through the day rather than putting LOADS on and it all getting weed on....and I'd just topped it up.
And I KNOW he gives them treats-even though Marnie isn't *really* allowed anything sweet and Blue get fat really quickly :oops:
He'll spend ages cuddling them on the sofa too....especially Marnie (who is a little hussy :roll: )
He takes them to the vets as well if I can't with a written list of questions
I :love: my man :oops:

I asked my hubby to buy me a bale of hay and he came home with a massive bale of straw :roll: I am still using it now and he got it in March!

Back