• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New breeder

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hi guys iv just found out that there is a new breeder in my town :evil::cry: they breed californians, belgian hares, english lops and guinea pigs! from the pictures they look well cared for but should i check it out and if there is a problem who should i talk to the rspca? any help appreciated :)

Phew, I thought you meant YOU were a new breeder then. Sadly, there isnt much we can do... if the buns have food, water and shelter than the RSPCA wont do anything. Just keep an eye on the situ... if you see any evidence of neglect or abuse then try to get as much evidence as possible (photos with time and date on, keep a diary).

Phew, I thought you meant YOU were a new breeder then. Sadly, there isnt much we can do... if the buns have food, water and shelter than the RSPCA wont do anything. Just keep an eye on the situ... if you see any evidence of neglect or abuse then try to get as much evidence as possible (photos with time and date on, keep a diary).

NO definetly not! :lol: since joining the forum iv learnt sooo much especially about the importance of adopting not buying any future buns of mine will be rescues :D as for the breeder il check it out and see how things are and keep a close eye on them :lol:

I totally support adopting rescue buns but I don't think its fair to jump to the conclusion that this new breeder must be bad and needs checking out immediately. There are some responsible breeders out there, we shouldn't be so quick to critasize.

Yeah, I have to agree there are some responsible breeders out there, and IMO a responsible breeder is a thousand times better than a pet shop. Try not to worry too much hun :wave: you could always check it out though

I totally support adopting rescue buns but I don't think its fair to jump to the conclusion that this new breeder must be bad and needs checking out immediately. There are some responsible breeders out there, we shouldn't be so quick to critasize.

I agree on this. Although you could say you're interested in a bunny and catch a glimpse of it, that can't hurt.
I like good breeders a thousand times better than pet shops. A responsible breeder won't put his animals in the hands of anyone who pays, for one, and they also aim at getting good-natured rabbits, not just beautiful ones.

Back