• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Captain Jack (Hamster)

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Hamsters004-2.jpg

Hamsters045-1.jpg

Hamsters046-1.jpg

Hamsters048-1.jpg

Hamsters051.jpg

Sorry they are out of focus, he is just so quick!!

Nawwwww!!!! :love::love::love:

I LOVE hammies! I WISH we could have them in Australia but alas they are illegal :(

LOVE the name too!!

Why are they illegal? :?

It has something to do with our eco system and how we have already wrecked it with the introduction of other small creatures (namely rabbits unfortunately :() and now the government has a legislation about importing 'rodents'. We arent allowed HEAPS of small pets... Hammies, gerbils, chins, degus, hedgies and loads more. We really only have buns, mice, rats, guinea pigs and ferrets and they arent even allowed in every state.

It has something to do with our eco system and how we have already wrecked it with the introduction of other small creatures (namely rabbits unfortunately :() and now the government has a legislation about importing 'rodents'. We arent allowed HEAPS of small pets... Hammies, gerbils, chins, degus, hedgies and loads more. We really only have buns, mice, rats, guinea pigs and ferrets and they arent even allowed in every state.

That is sad...I can see the governments point though but it's such a shame to be missing out on owning such lovely pets :(

That is sad...I can see the governments point though but it's such a shame to be missing out on owning such lovely pets :(

me too and there are a damn lot of irresponsible ppl out there who would buy it then go "ehh dont want it but cbf taking it to a shelter' so they just let it go in the wild... But that sucks for responsible pet owners like me!!

me too and there are a damn lot of irresponsible ppl out there who would buy it then go "ehh dont want it but cbf taking it to a shelter' so they just let it go in the wild... But that sucks for responsible pet owners like me!!

Yep, couldn't agree more...some years ago we had the Ninja Turtle craze here in the UK and lots of Terrapins were released when they got too big and children got bored of looking after them...they are seen everywhere in our area now...basking on logs and eating the wildlife...they are lovely don't get me wrong but they really shouldn't be there :)

Back