• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you get rabbit wee out of carpets?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
As title really. Snowdrop has wee'd on my brand new cream carpet and I cant get it out. Its bright orange and the Vanish carpet spray I usually use isn't touching it and has actually made it look worse!

Help!!!

I was going to say vanish spray, it usually does everything :? Sorry not very helpful :roll:

I know! It even got up the oil we managed to get on it. It has brought it all to the surface so made it even more noticable but hasnt got it out. Maybe with a few more goes it will come up.

hmm not sure on a cream carpet. Maybe try lemon juice and bi-carb? Hoppefully that may help 'lift' the stain. But Im not sure if lemon juice is good for crem carpet! :?

I got one of those "magic cloths" which was on sale at a show at the NEC ages ago. I soak the wee up with this cloth which has laready been soaked with water. I can;t remember what it's called now. But it is really useful as Audrey has a habit of weeing in one certain corner every now and again:roll:.

soaking up as much as possible with an old towel or cloth might help or also try diluting it with water and then soaking it up.

I would have also said vanish too......very useful!

Good luck
xx

I will try getting some carpet shampoo tomorrow and doing the whole area getting it properly wet with soapy water.

Throw carpet away - as will now smell of wee and they will carry on weeing there.

Give up before frustration gets to you!!

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTAtMjAxMDA2MDMtMjE0N.jpg

This is what has happened after I tried to use vanish spray on it! It started out as a small yellowy/white mark and has become a huge, bright orange, mess!

Will try again tomorrow with it but am already pricing up new carpets!

As title really. Snowdrop has wee'd on my brand new cream carpet and I cant get it out. Its bright orange and the Vanish carpet spray I usually use isn't touching it and has actually made it look worse!

Help!!!

I'd invest in a steam cleaner, my family has one and it cost quite a bit, but you save money in the long run and it takes just about anything out, when Bentley was spraying before his neuter is was perfect.

I'd make a paste with bi-carb soda, leave for 10 mins then spray white vinegar and let it foam up... wipe clean, spray with vinegar again, leave for 20(ish) minutes then rinse clean with water. That should get rid of the stain and also the smell too. If not, repeat. :)

I normally just put something over the stain. Like a strategically placed magazine. If you're tidier you may want to consider a pot plant.

I have a Vax carpet cleaner that I use to clean up any accidents, but on a cream carpet I've found out (to my cost) that its best to clean the wee up with plain water first BEFORE adding any chemical cleaners.

There must be a chemical reaction with the urine and whatever ingredients they put in carpet cleaners.

My lovely new lounge carpet has a patch just like yours after I treated with the VAX cleaning fluid, but later accidents were initially cleaned with just water, and have come out fine, and then properly cleaned with chemical cleaner.

utf-8BSU1HMDA4OTAtMjAxMDA2MDMtMjE0N.jpg

This is what has happened after I tried to use vanish spray on it! It started out as a small yellowy/white mark and has become a huge, bright orange, mess!

Will try again tomorrow with it but am already pricing up new carpets!

Yeah that's ruined now. It's bleached the fibres, you won't get it back to normak now. So new carpet, or something to put over the mark

Got up this morning, first thing I saw was the hideous mark so now I feel really depressed.

I know its pathetic to be in tears over a carpet but I just feel so upset about it. I feel worse that yesterday it was a small white mark and now its a huge orange stain.

The vanish spray does say it can be used on pet stains so I am going to write to them and complain.

I know its pathetic to be in tears over a carpet but I just feel so upset about it. I feel worse that yesterday it was a small white mark and now its a huge orange stain.

Aww, don't worry - I'd feel the same. Thankfully the only new carpets I have in my house are upstairs and the buns have never ventured up there. Though I want to get a new flooring in my lounge - could I borrow your buns to come and wee on the carpet in there? :D

Back