• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking gracie back to the vets

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Hi all
Gracie was speyed yesterday and hasnt eaten a lot of anything much since we got her home, shes had a small bit of carrot, parsley and some basil, she wont touch pellets and hasnt eaten any hay.

anyway ive just been and got her some timothy and burgess forage with dandelion to tempt her shes had a small munch but im still worrying.
i also tried to syringe feed her some critical care but shes getting upset with me so i stopped, does all this sound normal for a bun after a spey?

good news is that shes pushed by me obviously shes getting upset being in the dog crate so she must be feeling a bit better today to do that but i wont rest until i see her munch hay.
i have a feeling the vets feel im a over protective mummy but charlie is munching and lively today and i want the same for gracie.
im taking her at 5.40 today so wish us luck, i just hate to think my baby girl is in pain. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Have inboxed you on FB.Text me later to let me know how she is.....Im working till 10.Doubt if I will go on compie after work.If I do, Ill be done for cos I wont get to bed till late and have a mega busy day tomorrow!!!xxxxxx

Have inboxed you on FB.Text me later to let me know how she is.....Im working till 10.Doubt if I will go on compie after work.If I do, Ill be done for cos I wont get to bed till late and have a mega busy day tomorrow!!!xxxxxx

Will send you my mobile number later, promise. xxxxxxxx

As long as madam is eating something....and pain relief is working, keep her quiet and she will be just fine.:wave::wave:

As long as madam is eating something....and pain relief is working, keep her quiet and she will be just fine.:wave::wave:

Good news! shes eaten some pellets!!!!!!!!!!
Still taking her back to the vets tommorrow though just to be on the safe side,
Thanks for the lovely phonecall earlier yvette, you are an absolute angel, will ring you tommorrow once we get her home from the vets (again) xxxxxxxxxx

Sounds like a bunny in pain. Hopefully some more pain relief should help.

I'm glad she has eaten some more :)

Good news,
Grace started eating late last night! i stayed with her until gone 3am and she ate some hay and pellets yay!
took her back to see the vet again at 10am and they are very pleased with her progress, shes given me some bio lapis just to make sure her tummy is ok but when we got her home from the vets she produced 10 perfect poos!!

Anyway shes now munching on some timothy hay and is allowed out for an hour in the run but not free range as yet, thank god i really didnt want the vet to admit her today for syringe feeding.

Charlie is doing fantastically well hes been on the grass today and seems really happy and lively, both are due back for post op checks on weds afternoon, long may they continue to get well, gracie really got me incredibly worried yesterday. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I missed this darling:cry:

So happy she is eating again, its just awful watching a normally perky bun look so subdued:cry:

It was awful yesterday we have been back and forwards to the vets most of the week, but shes finally eating talk about worry!
Charlie is doing great thank god. xxxxxxxxxxx

Back