• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beau u/d back to his cheeky old self! :)

Lib_n_bunny

Wise Old Thumper
...following my question about his squeaky teeth, and his small poos, the squeaky teeth have stopped but his poos are still small and he's not eating all his caecs, so I suspect teeth. He's still eating, but is very quiet, stays in one place most of the time. No grinding, but he's just not right.

Can we have vibes for my boy please, will probably be GA and teeth burring, he generally gets stasis after GA and the last time he had stasis was the worst, didn't eat for like 5 days :shock: that's why I've been putting off taking him, baaaaaaaaaad bunny mummy :(

Last edited:
Oh bless him. Lots of vibes for him at the vets, at least you will be home to look after him for a few days.

:roll: vet says it's not teeth, and he had a good old look so I trust him, though I know to get a proper looksee they really need to be under GA. Vet thinks he's probably just a bit clogged up with his current moult, and has given him metacam, metaclop and some liquid parafin to syringe. He's not himself, but he's eating and pooing. Vet says if no improvement in 2-3 days, take him back.

Awww, hope the little lad is ok and that it passes quickly. Hopefully with some painkiller and gut stimulant he wlil be well on the way to improvement very soon.

Far be it from me to disagree with your vet though :)oops:) but personally I would question the use of the liquid paraffin. We asked this at the RWA conference a couple of weeks ago and it was also asked a couple of years back and the answer was still the same - that they don't use it and it can actually do more harm than good because you are looking to hydrate, not lubricate. Liquid paraffin doesn't hydrate contents as oil and water don't mix.

Obviously I'm not your vet and I don't know if there are very particular reasons that he prescribed it for Beau, but I personally would want to be reassured what these reasons are before I went ahead and gave more of it :oops:

Hope your lovely chap improves really soon xxx

Awww, hope the little lad is ok and that it passes quickly. Hopefully with some painkiller and gut stimulant he wlil be well on the way to improvement very soon.

Far be it from me to disagree with your vet though :)oops:) but personally I would question the use of the liquid paraffin. We asked this at the RWA conference a couple of weeks ago and it was also asked a couple of years back and the answer was still the same - that they don't use it and it can actually do more harm than good because you are looking to hydrate, not lubricate. Liquid paraffin doesn't hydrate contents as oil and water don't mix.

Obviously I'm not your vet and I don't know if there are very particular reasons that he prescribed it for Beau, but I personally would want to be reassured what these reasons are before I went ahead and gave more of it :oops:

I agree with Santa re the Liquid Paraffin

I hope Beau feels better soon xx

he hasn't had any yet, I'll hold off then!

Beau still isn't right, he's stopped leaving caecals, and his poos are more and bigger, but he's so quite and still, it's not like him. He just...looks...grumpy?! I remain convinced it is hair in his tum as he's moulting like crazy, so we syringe fed him 8mls water with a hint of pineapple juice, he was not happy about it at first, but the last few mils he practically sucked out of the syringe!! We never ever see him drink, I am sure that's what it is.

He's 'hiding' under our bed as he didn't like being picked up and poked and prodded, but he's munching away on hay, and properly eating his leaves for the first time in days. Fluids have obviously had some effect, so will give him more before bed :D

Back