• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Noel has just cut his foot :-(

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

My rabbit Noel has just cut his foot jumping out of the top of his cage. I think he caught his nail - he has just cleaned it all up and he is hopping fine on it - eating and going to the toilet as usual. He is able to jump too.

I have booked him into the vet. Just wondered if he needed to go? If I hadn't seen the blood you would never know he'd done it now.

Thanks,

L x

My Inca hurts her feet alot as she has suspected spinal problems so cant pick up her feet well!

I wash with diluted iodine and put manuka honey on her :)

I wouldn't bother with the vets just now, but keep it clean, wash once/twice a day and keep an eye on it to check it doesnt get infected. Thats what i would do, but obviously the final decision is yours :)

I would go to the vets to make sure that there is nothing more serious than what you can see. As we all know, bunnies hide their problems/pain very well and so it's worth ensuring (unless you have the experience yourself) to get it checked out professionally. There may be some damage you can't see.

This is what I would do with my buns anyway.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Strawberry cut his foot when I was on holiday last year and my sister was looking after him. He caught his nail in the door matt as the jumped out the door door and ripped it off. There was alot of blood at first but once cleaned up it was fine. His nail grew back eventually.

Strawberry cut his foot when I was on holiday last year and my sister was looking after him. He caught his nail in the door matt as the jumped out the door door and ripped it off. There was alot of blood at first but once cleaned up it was fine. His nail grew back eventually.

Mischa did this too. ^ I put some flour on it to stop the bleeding.

Thanks guys. He is limping now so going to take him to the vet - will let you know how he gets on. Poor little Noel :cry:

Thanks guys! He is back to his normal self this morning :) He had to have his claw removed and it won't grow back :( poor Noel! He had an antibiotic injection and now he is back hopping and jumping around with his girlfriend Milly :D

Thanks for asking after him :D

Thats good that he is on the mend.

My Inca has one foot where she has no claws at all! She came like that, she was a RSPCA bunster, so we think that someone pulled them out! Poor wee soul x

Awww, I'm sorry he was hurt. These things will happen though, like with kids. :roll: Sounds like he's forgotten all about it already! :lol:

Back