• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Idiots at the Vet's Surgery

Biscuit's Mum!

Warren Veteran
I get irritated by someone every time I go.

This time someone was sat next to me and we were talking about the buns for a while. She asked if they are housebuns and I said they are, they rule my house!

She then says 'I have a friend who got a house rabbit but it bit through her wires so she had to get rid of it' - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :EVIL:

I just replied that I had spent a lot of time and effort rabbit proofing my home and we had lost one or two wires in the early days but it was worth it.

I know it's frustrating but the idiot is that person's friend, not them.
It's so sad so many animals suffer at the hand of novices :(

There's always one, isn't there? :roll:

I haven't had it for a while, but I used to get the people who would tell their dog "Look, dinner". :censored:
Then there's the people who think the waiting room is their child's playroom, even though there's people there possibly booked for a PTS. Also, my bunnies or any of my animals are not childrens pets. They are my family. Respect that!!!
Then there are those who let their dog uncomfortably close to my carrier, which is even worse when I have one of the cats in there! Stupid people = terrified cat and wounded dog!

Arrghh! I feel your pain!

Iv been quiet lucky iv never had a problem at my vets they try to book rabbit appointments all on one day so no scary dogs or cats for that matter :lol: i dont get people that dont do research before they get a bun i must have spent about 6 months doing research before i got trev :D

I normally end up with somebody like that next to me or somebody who proudly announces that they breed rabbits!! :evil:

I always make sure I get in that all ours are rescues & unwanted children's pets because we don't believe in unnecessary breeding. Normally they stop talking to me at that point! :shock::lol:

You lot make me more and more grateful of my vet!! They have a massive waiting room so we can sit away from the dogs, not that there's often dogs there and they are so well organised there is very rarely more than two or three sets of people in there at a time.

At my old vets they had a small waiting room and the dogs in there howling. That freaked my bunnies out. But no-one ever said anything stupid to me.

I was at the vets the other day with Waffle and I wasn't impressed with what woman in the vets said to me as a "joke". They had a snake and it was getting agitated and the woman turned round to her husband and pointed at Waffle and said "it's because she can smell breakfast" She then saw the angry look on my face and said "it was only a joke" :censored::censored:

(I'd like to point out she didn't do it in a way which could even be described jokey and quite frankly I don't know her well enough for her to have made such a joke whilst I am worrying my rabbit might be relapsing into stasis/bloat.)

Lots of people have said to me that they/relative had housebun that wrecked the house, but they always said "but he was so sweet that we didn't mind the chewed wallpaper" :lol::love::love:

I don't understand how people can think of animals as something they can just chuck away as soon as they do something they don't like!

:evil::censored::evil:

xxx

There was an advert of my local classifieds the other day - someone was giving a way a gorgeous little ductchy bun because 'it's dug too many holes in my garden'. :roll:

I seem to get a bunch of eejits sit near me at the vet too. They have a big waiting room and they have designated seating for rabbits, cats and dogs. The rabbit section only has four chairs and the dog and cat sections are huge but you can bet your life, someone with a yappy dog will come and sit next to me because the rabbit area is closest to the reception counter. Last time I went, a lady came in with three border terriers. One was barking it's head off the entire time I was there and all three were straining on their leads trying to get closer to Brian in his carrier. The lady looked at me and said 'They can smell your cat!' (CAT?!) And she moved closer to 'let the dogs have a look'. I moved the box furthur away so she moved closer... I had to pretty much hold the carrier above my head before she got the hint and pulled the dogs away. :evil::roll:

There was an advert of my local classifieds the other day - someone was giving a way a gorgeous little ductchy bun because 'it's dug too many holes in my garden'. :roll:

good lord, what were they expecting?! Saying that, my buns don't dig... But that is not the point!

Xxx

Mine don't dig now, but my Molly used to. Didn't care one bit! Her plaque in the garden has her name and dates then the inscription "Molly Mole digging holes in the garden". We used to sing that to her! :love:
You don't want digging, don't get a bun 'cause they just might! People! :roll:

It was one of those really irritating adverts too - 'bunny comes with her large three foot hutch...' :roll: Funny thing was they'd written that digging wasn't her fault as it was natural for her. Makes me think that wasn't the real reason they were selling her. :(:roll:

Today at the vets I was picking up my wee foundling bunny from being desexed.
I had to tell some kids off because as I was paying they came in with their Mum to collect their dog. They started screeching "there's a rabbit in there" & trying to poke him through the carrier cage.
I did my best grumpy voice & said "yes theres a little rabbit in there who has just had surgery, so we only use quiet gentle voices & we don't poke him!"
And gave the mother A LOOK :lol:
That soon shut them up, I can be so fierce I surprise myself sometimes! :lol:

i dont understand why people say stupi things in the vets surgery :roll: you don't know which animals are there to be PTS and which are just checkups. also you dont know which ones are aggresive either!
Surely its not that hard to be polite?
I also dont get why people with dogs sit in the tiny cat section while the huge dog part is empty :?

That's just reminded me when I read 'PTS'...

I was in the vet ages ago and when I got there, there was a man and a couple sat in the cat section and I could hear the man cheerfully telling the couple about how awesome his cat carrier is and how it's top of the range and trying to sell it to them. Then a vet walked out and handed him his carrier and the couple asked to see his cat. He said 'Oh it's not in there, I just had it PTS so I don't need this carrier now if you'd like to buy it?' :shock:

And when I took Marge in to be PTS, there was a little boy in with his mum and he kept saying really loudly 'Why's she crying about that ugly fat rabbit?' and his mum just said 'Some people cry about silly things' :evil: I always feel I get stared at if I'm crying.

I haven't had anything happen to my own animals like that at the vets. If any dogs get too close I lift the carrier up to my chest and hold them that way. Usually gets them out of harms way.
I did however see a woman put her cats down on one of the chairs (in the corner and out of the way) while she paid at the desk, and some idiot with a couple of bull terriers went and stood RIGHT NEXT to the carriers with the cats in. They could have stood anywhere else in the room, the waiting room was pretty empty. The dogs were going mad and and the cats looked terrified. I was going to say something but luckily the cat's owner came back.

People can be really inconsiderate about other people's pets :?

And when I took Marge in to be PTS, there was a little boy in with his mum and he kept saying really loudly 'Why's she crying about that ugly fat rabbit?' and his mum just said 'Some people cry about silly things' :evil: I always feel I get stared at if I'm crying.

People are stupid. :roll:

I saw someone crying at the vets once. I wish now I'd gone up and given her a big hug.

Numpties who take their dog in without a lead (despite signs asking people to keep dogs on leads)...or dogs on flexi-leads so that they can trip people up and terrorize any cats or small animals in the waiting room :roll:

Back