• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a Trio. It's all gone horribly wrong :(

Leanne

Wise Old Thumper
Hoorah!!!!

I bonded Dallas, Alaska and Arizona at the weekend and all went well.
They are all flopped out together on the grass and Dallas keeps nuzzling the girls. :love:

Last edited:
I'd love to try a trio but I'd be too scared!
(And the fact i'm not allowed and more pets...)

Pics pleeeeeease!

That's fantastic :D

I love trios. Far better than pairs for some rabbits, in my opinion.

pics!!!

providing all goes well I'll be bonding my trio soon and I'm so nervous. Threads like this reassure me!

I will get some pics tomorrow! I tried bonding them a few months back but it was too soon - Dallas had lost his wifey a month or so beforehand - and he kept beating the girls up and they are so placid and laid back that they were terrified so I decided to wait until summer weather when they are too hot to chase each other and the grass is long and lush to keep them occupied and it worked!:love:

Watching the 3 of them with their heads together munching on the grass is so lovely and the girls were doing crazy binkies tonight with Dallas looking at them like they were fruit loops!

:lol:
:love:

I feel terrible. The girls have had a massive fight and Arizona is in the vets now being stitched up. :(

They have all been fine for nearly a week but Arizona must have got territorial over Dallas and attacked her sister but she came off worse.

Alaska has one small tear on her back leg but Arizona had a big one on her front paw and tears on her ears.

I wish I hadn't done it now.

You did what you thought was best at the time, and that's all anyone can do. I'm sorry that this happened, but you wedre very careful, did it all properly, etc. This couldn't have been predicted.

I hope that Arizona is ok and heals quickly.

I totally blame myself and I feel sick.

They have never fought and are both so placid and docile normally.
I was concerned about Dallas having a go at them, not turning on one another. I know it happens and isn't unusual but because of their characters I assumed it was a miniscule chance and now I may have to face them never re-bonding. I put them straight back together for the vets and they were fine but things could change when they both feel better. :(

:( Oh sorry to hear that Leanne, I hope they will both be OK and re-bond again, it's really not your fault though so don't be hard on yourself. Sending positive vibes for a successful re-bonding. xx

I feel terrible. The girls have had a massive fight and Arizona is in the vets now being stitched up. :(

They have all been fine for nearly a week but Arizona must have got territorial over Dallas and attacked her sister but she came off worse.

Alaska has one small tear on her back leg but Arizona had a big one on her front paw and tears on her ears.

I wish I hadn't done it now.

oh hun im sorry :( its not your fault, i hope she's ok xxx

Thank you everyone, She is home and wobbly. :)

Well that was an expensive bonding gone wrong. £298. :shock:
She knocked them down to £250 when my mouth fell open. :oops:

The wound on her leg was nasty and the vet has done a really good job stitching her up as there wasn't much skin to use and it was a double sided leg wound and she has alot of wounds elsewhere. :(
I was really worried about where to go too as I don't know anyone local who has buns but the vet said all the right things and pointed out things that a bunny savvy vet should so that put my mind at rest. :D

I think I will be sticking to pairs in future. :?

Thank you everyone, She is home and wobbly. :)

Well that was an expensive bonding gone wrong. £298. :shock:
She knocked them down to £250 when my mouth fell open. :oops:

The wound on her leg was nasty and the vet has done a really good job stitching her up as there wasn't much skin to use and it was a double sided leg wound and she has alot of wounds elsewhere. :(
I was really worried about where to go too as I don't know anyone local who has buns but the vet said all the right things and pointed out things that a bunny savvy vet should so that put my mind at rest. :D

I think I will be sticking to pairs in future. :?

Crikey :shock: that is a big bill for some stitches!!!! I dont remember mine being anywhere near that when saffy got bitten :shock:

Its such a shame this has happened :(

How is she doing now?

Yes I am still in shock at the price. :shock:

I expected £150 ish :?

I just paid off my credit card last month and now im back to square one. :lol:

She is much better in herself but looks like she has been mauled by a wolf. She really looks a mess and I'm putting manuka honey on the wounds and stitched area's (and on Alaska'a wound) to keep flies at bay but they keep licking it off.

They are seperate at the moment, I can't risk leaving them alone and it happening again so I'm going to re-bond them properly when both have healed fully.

Back