• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jingly balls...Dread to think.....

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
I was upstairs getting ready for work.Lily Shane was down in the bedroom (my house is topsy turvy) and I could hear her jingly ball going like mad.I thought to myself..Coo!! She is in a temper this morning...cos I had cut back her pellets a bit.
I popped down to peek at her and the jungly ball was fastened to her teeth.She was whimpering and couldnt get it off!!! I picked her up and the jingly ball came with her......She calmed down a bit and relaxed..the ball came off....
Thank God.
One pet shop having ball returned with complaint.
I dread to think if I hadnt have gone to check on her what the hell would have happened.
Be warned.

That's terrible! Which ball was it? Could you possibly post a photo so we know what to look out for?

Im glad she is ok! and that you was able to help her.
Would be good if you could post a picture... is it a cat jingle ball? Plastic?

Im glad she is ok! and that you was able to help her.
Would be good if you could post a picture... is it a cat jingle ball? Plastic?

The label said for bunnies and GPs.Its about the size if your thumbs and middle fingers together...2 colours with holes in the size of 5 pence pieces and the other holes are as big as 2 five pences linked together...big gaps.... and you can see the bell.

The label said for bunnies and GPs.Its about the size if your thumbs and middle fingers together...2 colours with holes in the size of 5 pence pieces and the other holes are as big as 2 five pences linked together...big gaps.... and you can see the bell.

Jingle%20Ball.jpg

Image taken from Google

Is this it? :wave:

Cor, thanks for pointing this out Evie...Badger loves his jiggly ball.

I never put it in the hutch with them, but will be extra vigilant.

jingley bell

At first i thought you meant a cat collar jingley ball/bell not the plastic toy ball. Glad you caught your wee bunny in time.

I used to work in a pet hotel and a lady brought in a little rabbit with a cat collar on and a large cat bell on it!:shock: When she left i promptly removed it and on her return advised her not to put a collar on her rabbit. She said is was so she knew where she was in the house! Told her the little bunny shouldnt be wearing a collar as she could get caught up on something and strangled and that she should really know where her rabbit was in the house. Some crazy folk out there. :D

Back