• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ummm... Added photo of her tum what do you think, pregnant?

Carrie14

Mama Doe
:shock:

IMG_0021.jpg

Please NO!

How do you tell if its phantom or real? (Apart from lack of kits!) She has made a nest in the green hay box you can see in the photo.

She only started this morning, hopefully because she feels more relaxed as her sister has been away for the night, and not because she is pregnant. The people who owned them before were breeding ferrets so...

They had to be separated due to chasing fur pulling and general unspayed doe-ness.

Last edited:
Oh no :( I am going through the exact same thing except I have two bonded unspayed does building the same nest!!

Jack's-Jane told me they stop eating 12 hours before they kindle.

And I read on a website their tummies should feel rock-hard, and labour lasts about 30 minutes. No idea how reliable the site was, it was like yahoo answers or something similiar :roll:

sending you lots of phantom pregnancy vibes!!

Were they definitely 2 girls ??

No one has sexed them, we were told they have lived together for two years. Her sister (Tulip) is very ill, at the vets, but seeing as its all going so badly wrong, nothing would surprise me.

The man who owned them did say Tulip would make good breeding stock:censored:

Oh no :( I am going through the exact same thing except I have two bonded unspayed does building the same nest!!

Jack's-Jane told me they stop eating 12 hours before they kindle.

And I read on a website their tummies should feel rock-hard, and labour lasts about 30 minutes. No idea how reliable the site was, it was like yahoo answers or something similiar :roll:

sending you lots of phantom pregnancy vibes!!

I know I read your post and then went to see Tiesto and saw this.

I really hope it all works out for you. Sending calming hugs your way:love:

I know I read your post and then went to see Tiesto and saw this.

I really hope it all works out for you. Sending calming hugs your way:love:

Maybe it's contagious :shock::lol: thank you. We still have no babies but they are being a bit funny.

Shes lovely, if shes just been seperated from her friend that can often cause some unspayed does to nest. Honey did it with tonnes or furrbut no babies came.

According to these very reliable internet sources I've been browsing, they don't 'look' pregnant unless it's a massive litter, because they don't have milk sacks?? or something else milk related :oops:

Shes lovely, if shes just been seperated from her friend that can often cause some unspayed does to nest. Honey did it with tonnes or furrbut no babies came.

Thank you, that's what I am thinking/hoping as they were separated two nights ago, but could see each other through the very bodged barrier that you can see. Then when Tulip went in last night I guess that made Tiesto relax a bit more:?

And yes she is :love:

According to these very reliable internet sources I've been browsing, they don't 'look' pregnant unless it's a massive litter, because they don't have milk sacks?? or something else milk related :oops:

I guess so, they only feed their kits once or twice a day don't they? Would make sense.

I am absolutely :censored: myself:shock: I don't "do" breeding. The only time I did I was a teenager and like hell I was going to sell my baby guinea pigs, and I swore never to do that again:lol:

But buns can have over 12 kits or something:shock: I am really hoping you are not going to have that many BTW:cry:

I guess so, they only feed their kits once or twice a day don't they? Would make sense.

I am absolutely :censored: myself:shock: I don't "do" breeding. The only time I did I was a teenager and like hell I was going to sell my baby guinea pigs, and I swore never to do that again:lol:

But buns can have over 12 kits or something:shock: I am really hoping you are not going to have that many BTW:cry:

Yeah they only feed once or twice a day.

Me too :cry: I barely even know about adult rabbits let alone babies :cry: they are both sat in the 'run' part of their hutch glaring at me through the window. They stink now as well, was meant to clean them out yesterday, they haven't been done since Friday (except their litter trays/soiled bedding obviously), but I daren't move anything in their hutch now!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. :cry: its so nervewracking, I wish they could just speak and tell us!

Yeah they only feed once or twice a day.

Me too :cry: I barely even know about adult rabbits let alone babies :cry: they are both sat in the 'run' part of their hutch glaring at me through the window. They stink now as well, was meant to clean them out yesterday, they haven't been done since Friday (except their litter trays/soiled bedding obviously), but I daren't move anything in their hutch now!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well. :cry: its so nervewracking, I wish they could just speak and tell us!

They were certainly sent to test us! I wonder why they are glaring at you, i want to put laughing smilie but they may be thinking something really nasty:shock:

They were certainly sent to test us! I wonder why they are glaring at you, i want to put laughing smilie but they may be thinking something really nasty:shock:

:lol: I know, ungrateful :censored:s! Probably because I spent the entirety of last night running out in my pyjamas and dressing gown and shining a torch in their eyes!

Now I feel I can laugh sorry:lol: Needed that:)

:lol: sometimes you just have to laugh! Don't worry hun, a lot of rabbits have phantom pregnancies, and if she is pregnant there is nothing you can do now, whatever's going to happen will happen! Sending you Tulip and Tiesto loads of vibes and hugs though xxxxxxxx

:lol: sometimes you just have to laugh! Don't worry hun, a lot of rabbits have phantom pregnancies, and if she is pregnant there is nothing you can do now, whatever's going to happen will happen! Sending you Tulip and Tiesto loads of vibes and hugs though xxxxxxxx

Thank you:)

Back