• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tulip really needs some vibes! Back from vet, is this an ok out come post 20.

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Unfortunately Tulip, the bun I rescued 10 days ago, has continued to loose weight.

I am so upset, I feel like I really let her down and all I wanted to do was give her a chance at happiness:cry:

She stayed at the vets last night, for tests today. The vet is thinking maybe root abscess or a mass on the lung. She is very poorly.

I am furious with myself as I thought she was putting weight on, she looked and felt better, but I was wrong:cry:

I am so scared they will phone and say she will need PTS, I wont be able to get there until tonight so wont be able to say goodbye and sorry:cry:

Last edited:
I just called the vets and they said she was hopping about this morning, but I know how well she hides whatever her illness is.

The nurse is going to call back in a minute to say if Tulip is eating...

Poor Tulip :cry: I don't know her story sorry, but it doesn't sound like you are to blame at all, and that in fact you are doing everything you can for her. Hope she feels better soon x

Thank you every one:love:

The nurse still hasn't phoned back, do you think she has forgotten? I guess she is busy with the morning feeds etc but I want to know if she is eating still:cry:

I doubt she has forgotten but they may have had an emergency or something in. Maybe give her an hour from when she said she would call back and then try again?

I truly hope that whatever is going on its something easy to fix.

Thinking of you both.

Thank you,

I called the nurse and she said Tulip has had a few poos and seems alert eaten a little bit, she will phone when Tulip has been seen to, I think she can tell I am freaking out a bit and Tiesto's nesting has only fanned my panic:oops:

fingers crossed,are they permenant addditions. Hope shes seen soon, I knopw how nerve wracking it is waiting for vets to call

The vet called. They are not going to do her until 4 o'clock:cry: I cant bear this I'm having panic attacks and I am so stressed!

I have only known her ten days:cry:

She has pneumonia and has had it for quite some time. She has Streptacare inj. once a day .25ml by subcutaneous injection abd .5 ml Metacam once a day.

The x-rays showed a lot of damage to her lungs where she has had it so long, but on a positive note her teeth were perfect, apart from the front ones that don't line up properly. All roots were fine and all teeth felt/were solid.

She has had a pellet in the first two minutes of her being home.

I must admit that I am relieved as I was expecting inoperable root abscess or something just as bad. I understand she may never recover and may need abx for the rest of her life, but at least she doesn't need a major operation.

Any thoughts? And thank you all for the vibes:wave:

ETA All her bloods came back fine too..

Last edited:
Back