• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How vets can get it so wrong sometimes

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I had a call yesterday from someone who's rabbit had been in for a dental 11 days ago and she kept taking him back as he wasn't eating and was in alot of pain. Her vets just gave her some baytril and no pain relief. She even told them that she thought she could feel an abcess. Anyway she phoned me with being a rescue to see which vets I used. I gave her Carolines number and Caroline saw her yesterday.
This is the email I have received from the poor woman this morning after my vet checked Tiny her rabbit over it is shocking.:shock::shock::shock:

Hi Kay thankyou for your email. Tiny has has had to have all his incissors removed and the xray showed up a massive root abcess under a molar even into the bone .She explained that it is not good news and gave 2 options ,the first I know you will know what that was and the second 2 treat it with aggressive antibiotic and regular flushing .I chose to try and go down the treatment road .I know if that get to much for him I have to stop being selfish thinking about me and let him go ,I just don't know how to .
Caroline said that she was amazed that he had been able to eat anything by himself prior and also without pain relief he would have been in agony .
He had to stay at the industrial park centre overnight I have to phone after 8.30 am to see how he is and if I can bring him home before taking him again on Thursday to have the abcess drained again . I want to do my best for him .I will get all the details on how often and what to feed him if he will take it .
I would love to come and see you and the brave work you do there .It must be heartbreaking sometimes

Poor bloody rabbit. Having had a tooth root abcess myself recently I can't imagine how the bun stood the pain and survived so far.

I do hope that the treatment will give some quality of life and he has relief from his pain which can be sustained.

I find it very sad that some vets just don't realise the importance of pain relief in rabbits.

Some vets are ridiculous!!!

Even when i think of that vet that seen Inca before i got her, wanting to have her pts.
And when my Kermit first got his head tilt, the first vets i took him to said pts too!!

Hope that bun manages through this. Seems like he has a good mummy anyways!

Oh bless him Kay :cry: The poor, poor little boy :cry:

Thank goodness he's now been referred to your vet :) some vets really do not help their profression :?

Some vets are ridiculous!!!

Even when i think of that vet that seen Inca before i got her, wanting to have her pts.
And when my Kermit first got his head tilt, the first vets i took him to said pts too!!

Hope that bun manages through this. Seems like he has a good mummy anyways!

I was told to put Mischa to sleep too. :roll: I'd like to video said crazy bunny and email it to them. :roll:

Well done on her for fighting for her bunny and trusting herself and seeking further help.

Is she going to report the vet?

I would be tempted to take those vets to court, I would be SPITTING BLOOD if that was my rabbit... I feel angry for your friend Kay :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Back