• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent vibes for Crumps PLEASE U/D it's bloat.. U/D he's at the bridge

Boots

Mama Doe
Good morning all,

this morning we found Crumpet in a very bad way; sprawled in the most awkward position and not moving..

We aren't sure what's happened but we are on the way to the emergency vets now :cry: please if you have any spare vibes send them for my baby Crumps :cry:

xxx

Last edited:
Oh no poor Crumpet.

(((hugs))) for you both and hope that Crumpet gets well very soon.

Thanks so much everyone. I cant believe this is happening.. He's had two forms of pain relief but he is floppy and not very responsive :cry:

we are on the way to the normal vets now to have him put on an IV x

Thanks so much everyone. I cant believe this is happening.. He's had two forms of pain relief but he is floppy and not very responsive :cry:

we are on the way to the normal vets now to have him put on an IV x

Did the Emergency vet say what could be wrong?

I hope Crumpet makes a full recovery- it is possible:
One of mine spent about 5 days in a state of flaccid paralysis but she recovered rapidly. She was treated with a one-off steroid injection (steroids are not without risks so many vets use non steroidal anti inflammatories instead) then was put on iv fluids and given a course of panacur and septrin antibiotic. She needed to be kept warm and syringe fed until she was able to sit up.
The vet thinks it was most likely E. cuniculi but I opted for treatment rather than tests so don't know for sure.
Vibes for Crumpet xx

Keith did a similar thing but it was obvious what was wrong- he was in a big pool of diarrhea.
He wasn't responding to me touching just sprawled out. I rushed him straight to the vet who said he wasn't likely to make it but we'd give it a go, and one injection of antibiotics later he was back to life. Within 3 days he was like a new bunny.
Really hope yours will be a little fighter like my Keith. xxx

Thankyou again everyone! :)

Crumps is at the vets now with a lovely lady vet. He's been placed on an IV and they're planning on doing some xrays.

They can't give us a definite idea what's wrong.. It could be a fracture, neurological or his heart :cry: right now though they said shock is the biggest worry because he's just so floppy and unresponsive.

I'm so so scared. :cry:He has been eating pooping and drinking fine up until when we found him. He was flopped out on his front with his front legs splayed like a 'Y'

if anyone has had a similar experience or has advice i'd welcome it.

Xx

Back