• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Asparagus

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Today I paid £1 for 14 pieces of fine looking asparagus, a piece for each of the buns and 2 pieces for the pigs to share.

Smurfy will eat anything...

Aspara1.jpg

Aspara2.jpg

Aspara3.jpg

CoCo says:
Iz no like

Aspara4.jpg

CoCo and the 10 other buns wouldn't touch it :shock: Don't know about the pigs yet as I gave them some for supper so will find out in the morning.

Don't think we will be having asparagus again.

:lol::lol::lol: Smurfy could eat for England!

My boys have never had the chance to try apsaragus - it's way too expensive in our local shops.

:lol::lol::lol: Smurfy could eat for England!

My boys have never had the chance to try apsaragus - it's way too expensive in our local shops.

This is the first time I have treated them all to it and I think it will end up in the bin. Won't be buying it again. Yes The Smurf can eat for England :lol:

Mine didn't eat it either. Nor did my rats!

Babycorns on the other hand...:roll:

your bun is sooo cute!

Xxx

Mine didn't eat it either. Nor did my rats!

Babycorns on the other hand...:roll:

your bun is sooo cute!

Xxx

Thank you :love:

I have never tried them with baby corns. I know buns aren't supposed to have those dried corn on the cob things sold it pet shops. Tried my G pigs with one and they ignored it. My hamster DoDo on the other hand loves pulling them off and storing the pieces in his house, not sure if he actually eats any :roll:

I don't think those dried corns are good for anyone - something to do with the way they are stored not being as well as the way human grade corn would be stored, which provides an opportunity for mould to grow. I used to give them to my rats, who thoght they were alright, but I don't anymore, just incase that's true!

Buns aren't supposed to have proper sweetcorn/corn on the cob, but I can't remember if it's because it's bad for them or if it's just because they don't digest it, the same as us, so it doesn't have any nutritional value so giving it to them is pointless.

But yes, baby corns are expensive and tasty! It's the first thing mine eat when I put them in!

Xxx

D&D dont like it either! Im sure they would change their minds if it was baked with a nice Fenugreek Crunchie topping :lol:

Little Smurfy :love::love:

I don't think those dried corns are good for anyone - something to do with the way they are stored not being as well as the way human grade corn would be stored, which provides an opportunity for mould to grow. I used to give them to my rats, who thoght they were alright, but I don't anymore, just incase that's true!

Buns aren't supposed to have proper sweetcorn/corn on the cob, but I can't remember if it's because it's bad for them or if it's just because they don't digest it, the same as us, so it doesn't have any nutritional value so giving it to them is pointless.

But yes, baby corns are expensive and tasty! It's the first thing mine eat when I put them in!

Xxx

As far as I know, the husks are indigestible. They are indigestible for us too but for rabbits it becomes an issue because their digestive systems can get blocked easily.

Mine ADORE baby corn. They get about 4 a week each.

D&D dont like it either! Im sure they would change their minds if it was baked with a nice Fenugreek Crunchie topping :lol:

Little Smurfy :love::love:

where do you buy these Fenugreek crunchies that i`v heard loads of people going on about? I would like to get some for my buns and guineas.:wave:

As far as I know, the husks are indigestible. They are indigestible for us too but for rabbits it becomes an issue because their digestive systems can get blocked easily.

Sounds good to me - thanks for clearing that up! :D

where do you buy these Fenugreek crunchies that i`v heard loads of people going on about? I would like to get some for my buns and guineas.:wave:

The Hay Experts have them too, along with LOADS of other Naturals tasty bits and pieces!

xxx

Back