• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I saved the 'useless' rabbit

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Please meet Buttons (thats the name I have given her)

She is apparently 8 months old, out of her first litter, only one kit survived, since then she has had 2 or more litters that have been still born. She is therefore 'useless' as a breeder and was hogging a hutch without use or working for her keep.........

She also has awful mite and I thought she was going to die before I got her to Alices..... the breeder was holding her and her head started lolling backwards with her eyes closing and mouth open :shock: The breeder shook her and told her to stop being silly :evil:

Hopefully we will have some beautiful photos of her all better soon :)

untitled-2.jpg

She is gorgeous.

I deplore humans sometimes. How can someone be so heartless towards a living creature.

Looking forward to watching her progress.

She is gorgeous.

I deplore humans sometimes. How can someone be so heartless towards a living creature.

Looking forward to watching her progress.

I was told that her hair loss and dandruff *isnt* mite, its just irritation, and I should treat it by putting sunflower oil on it..... you know..... cooking oil?? How odd.... !!

:shock: poor little girl god breeders like that give the rest of us a bad name :evil:
she is lovely good luck with her :love:

Well done you for rescuing her. . . she has 'fallen on her paws' as Alice would say!!

By the way, both hamsters are doing well and are still sharing the same cage.

You are making a habit out of this rescuing business aren't you lol?

Thank goodness you got her.

Sending positive vibes

Ruth

Urgh! Some people are disgusting. Seriously I despair of the human race at times! Luckily there are people like you out there who can help poor little bunnies like Buttons. If only there were more like you out there :(

:shock: poor little girl god breeders like that give the rest of us a bad name :evil:
she is lovely good luck with her :love:

You dont want to go to her property, as someone else on here would vouch..... swarms of flies, hutches the wrong height and very small (they were like guineapig hutches) and they were dirty.

She was saying how shes lost many rabbits recently, she was unsure why.... maybe they overheated in the garage.... stress.... maybe. I hope its nothing sinister that Buttons could have.....

Well done you for rescuing her. . . she has 'fallen on her paws' as Alice would say!!

By the way, both hamsters are doing well and are still sharing the same cage.

You are making a habit out of this rescuing business aren't you lol?

Thank goodness you got her.

Sending positive vibes

Ruth

Ummm..... yes. I have been looking at getting a newer car recently and have set my heart on a Honda Jazz mainly because of the space in it to fit carriers....!! :shock: And the OHs cricket bag.

Glad the hams are doing well :love: Which ones did you have? We need pics?? Have you seen I pinched one too? Hahahahahaha!!

Poor thing, she looks terrified, and no wonder! Worth calling the RSPCA on the breeder? I know they aren't held in the highest of regard by many people here but it can't hurt can it? Hope this little one goes from strength to strength now she's safe xx

Buttons is lovely but she sure does look scared. :( I hope whatever's wrong with her isn't too bad and she makes a good recovery and finds a nice home (I suspect maybe with you ;):lol:).

You dont want to go to her property, as someone else on here would vouch..... swarms of flies, hutches the wrong height and very small (they were like guineapig hutches) and they were dirty.

She was saying how shes lost many rabbits recently, she was unsure why.... maybe they overheated in the garage.... stress.... maybe. I hope its nothing sinister that Buttons could have.....

:evil: god and theres me running around like a headless chicken fans going rotating rabbits out in the garden water sprays ice packs doing everything i can to keep my babies cool and safe from this heat we have been getting
you have done a good thing there hun she looks adroable :love:
if shes a little underweight give her barley rings that wil get he back in condition
well im glad shes out of there all you need to do now is love her to death ;)

Back