• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nest Building!!!! Update Post 34

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
OMG. The girls have made a nest. At least I think it's a nest, they have filled their litter box with fur. They are both unspayed (booked in for Thursday for their spay). They are living with a neutered buck (Harvey) who was done eight weeks before I bonded them. I have only had them a couple of weeks. How long are rabbits pregnant for? When should I start to panic???

They have seen the vet twice and he has had a good squidge of their tummies, last time was last week.

False pregnancy maybe?

Gestation period is approx 32 days.

How old are they and could they have been with an entire Buck before you obtained them ?

if they havnt been near a entire buck they are probaly pretending i have a doe that does this all the time

Gestation period is approx 32 days.

How old are they and could they have been with an entire Buck before you obtained them ?

3 or 4. Anything is possible Jane :( I and most of the people who got involved with them think they might be old breeding stock.. a pet shop was selling them as 'rescues' and they had babies in the cage next to them who looked just like the girls...

When I got them they were heavily overweight and are now a normal weight, surely they wouldn't lose weight while pregnant? One girl is still looking a bit chunky though.... panicking... :(

It is both of them, making the same nest, I just had another look there and they both had clumps of fur and newspaper in their mouths. I have had them about 3 weeks so it is possible they have been with a buck :cry:

They seem to have separated him away from them, and they have been stamping a lot, think it was Harvey doing the stamping. Should I bring them inside?

I don't want to disturb their nest, I rubbed my hands on them and their dirty bedding then had a poke through and there are no babies. Sorry if these posts aren't making sense I'm panicked! I don't think they'll survive having babies they are at least 3.

I have moved Harvey out. When I got back this afternoon they had left half the pellets I put in this morning, they NEVER leave food. Its normally gone within 10 minutes.

They seem to have separated him away from them, and they have been stamping a lot, think it was Harvey doing the stamping. Should I bring them inside?

I don't want to disturb their nest, I rubbed my hands on them and their dirty bedding then had a poke through and there are no babies. Sorry if these posts aren't making sense I'm panicked! I don't think they'll survive having babies they are at least 3.

I'd leave them where they are but definitely take Harvey out.

Have the Does made nests in seperate areas ?

I have moved Harvey out. When I got back this afternoon they had left half the pellets I put in this morning, they NEVER leave food. Its normally gone within 10 minutes.

Then I am afraid babies are very likely to appear tonight.
Does usually stop eating about 12 hours before they kindle.

Are they both from the same place? Is it possible both are pregnant?

They are both from the same place. As I say anything's possible the story I was told about them was really vague and obviously made up :( They are lionhead harlequins, and the pet shop's babies are the same...

Aww, poor you and poor bunnies! As Jane says, it looks likely. :( Please try not to panic though, I know it's scary and so upsetting for you, but at least they have you now and you'll get them through this!

me who knows hardly anything about full grown buns let alone babies :cry: but its ok kids Trading Standards think this situation is perfectly acceptable :cry: and the pet shop is still going strong.

Back