• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and rain

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Really stupid question but- are bunnies allowed to get wet?

Strawberry has an attached run and will sit out in it even when its throwing it down. If we let him free range on the garden getting him in is a nightmare, even if its throwing it down!

My 3 previous bunnies all loved getting wet!

Louie hates it, can't even stand his paws getting damp :roll:

Strawbs seems to enjoy it! He hates the wind- doesnt like it when it blows his mane, but he loves rain!

Yeah mine sit out in it too :roll:
They have half the run covered and half not, I can usually find them sitting in the uncovered half.

I have always let mine play in the rain, but always dry them off once they are done. Ive the covers on the runs to keep rain out anyways, but they have all liked free ranging in the rain. Obviously if its really chucking down then I don't let them out :lol:

There was one tiny corner of Buu's hutch that wasn't covered so a little rain got in and she used to squash herself up in that corner and just sit there getting wet :roll:

Half the run is covered but not the other. Its in a sunny spot on the patio and I didnt want it getting too hot.

I will leave him to it if it isnt going to do him any harm!

My 3 usually sit out in the rain too... unless it gets too much or too heavy then they go back in the hutch or sit under our covered table and chairs :roll: :lol:

good to know!:D I was also wondering wether to put mine out in their run.....but looks cold & wet out there & they were snoozing - perhaps when it not too wet!:roll::love:

Hahaha.. Dylan was the same. I used to think, GO IN YOUR HUTCH, SILLY! And he'd just sit there getting soaked. Funny things.

Walter and Nora don't seem to like the rain. They've sat in their hutch all afternoon! They do funny little dances if their paws get wet :love:

My two have been bounding in and out all day on and off, both seem to love the rain, i think i must have towel dried them 10 times this afternoon :roll: xxxxxx

Mine's currently running about her run like a loony, she's never been out in the rain before so each drop surprises her, but like most on here she seems to like sitting in the uncovered part of the run :roll:

My two Thoroughly Dissaprove of Rain! :lol:

They hate getting wet and will just sit in the hutch until its stopped. I hated the winter when it rained for days - they wouldn't go out and got no exercise. Although the run is covered, the water seeps in underneath because the paving slabs are the uneven sort so there are gaps :(

Mine love the rain! It can be bucketing down, I'll go out to the run to get them in, and their just sitting there :lol: and they hate me putting them back in their hutch! So I just leave them most of the time :oops:

Back