• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I collect my new bun this weekend! UPDATE: SHES HERE!!!!!!

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Aaaaaah super excited! Ive found a lady bun for Rodge, he's going to love me!:D

The owner had adopted a female bun from the SPCA & she ended up giving birth to 5 kits! I was given her details through a rescue centre as she was struggling to find a home for the last remaining female! Yay! She'll be 11 weeks when I collect her & im over the moon! New bun is a lop like Rodge but is Grey & White instead of Rodges gorgeous Chocolate & White. They'll be the Posh n Becks of the rabbit world.:lol:

I just got back from an amazing holiday in Mexico so would like to name her something Spanish/Mexican......so far im thinking 'Bello' it means Beautiful or 'Rio' which means River. :D Or I might just call her Sookie as I love Trublood Books!:lol:

Excited excited excited!!!!

Last edited:
brilliant news im so excited for you my daughter is getting a new german lop on thursday she is so excited ;) oh she has named him squidward :lol:

3 more sleeps to go!!!!:lol:

Im going to give Rodge a good wee brush in the morning so hes looking sharp for his new wifey!:lol:

Do you guys think I should keep her in the house the first night & start the bonding on the SUnday morning?

Wow I love the name Rio:love:

yeah maybe a good idea to let her settle a bit before the bond, I am NOT a bonding expert I let the rescue do it cos I am a whimp, so hopefully someone will come and advise soon.

I am so jealous I :love: Mexico was my fav holiday ever

I would wait at least 2 weeks before they get near each other due to quarantine reasons, and also as the upheaval will stress her enough. To then bond the next day may stress her even more, causing her to come ill.

Personally though, I would not bond until she was spayed.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Im getting all worried now, I really want Rodge to have a companion but what if I mess this bond up! :?

I have a temporary indoor cage that she can stay in but I would like to start the bond before 2 weeks so I can get her out in the sunshine. :) Seemingly she is a confident & nosy little thing so im sure she'll settle in quickly.

She could be a carrier of all manner of things, which she could pass on to your own rabbit.

Also, as soon as she hits puberty, it is likely they will fall out due to hormones, hence the waiting until spayed :)

:lol: He sure is! One more sleep to go!

Sorting out her temporary accommodation tonight, she'll have an indoor cage with a puppy pen attached. Its going to be so strange having a bun so young & knowing her birthday! Wish I knew more about Rodges past. :(

Think ive decided on the name Sookie for her but my OH wants to call her Amigo! :lol: Will let you all know asap!!!!!

So I got my little girlie on Saturday. Shes perfect!!!!! (upload pics soooon!) Ive named her Sookie...thoughts??

I know I was advised to keep them seperate but she was doing binkies round the living room on Sat & lying on her back! :lol: Shes a mini Rodge! So I introduced them all day yesterday & there was a bit of chasing and mounting but after 3 hours they were snuggled up together & eating out of the same bowl!!:love:

They meet for another rabbit date this evening & so on until Saturday when they make the big leap and move in together (I thought it was too soon but hey, you cant stop young love!:lol:)

A bit worried about her front teeth though, top ones are growing inwards & bottom ones are uneven......so off to the vets Sookie shall go!

Oh, she also jumped the 4ft puppy pen so is now a free range house rabbit. Shes even litter trained herself!:shock: I seem to adopt very clever & confident buns, delighted!!!!!

Im rubbish at uploading pics here, never works properly for me. :(

Its going amazingly well! They had their second date last night, a lot less mounting & Sookie is determined to snuggle up to Rodge! He doesnt mind but he gets too hot & likes to stretch out on his own (I dont blame him, I love having my bed to myself!:lol:)

My way of bonding seems to have worked & im really pleased with myself!:) Its my first time bonding & after loads of research & advise, I just went for it! I was scared at first after a woman at a rescue told me she would never bond an adult with a baby as the baby could get killed! Thought that was a bit extreme to be honest.

Oh sounds good, just keep a close eye on them, ahhhh young love.. my two took a while to bond by the rescue, as my Doe (Bobby) was sooo bossy and a madame, and Carlo was so unconfident, now, they are all over each other :love:

I love the name Sookie! I love the True Blood books/series too :) sounds like it's going well :D well done, bonding is terrifying!

Back