• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stress and travelling

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Just a quick question,

My Brian has to go to the vets fairly regularly for his snuffles medication and check ups, and I have always taken Molly, his wifey, with him in the carrier box since I was under the impression seperating them would be far too stressful for both parties.

However, recently, Molly has started to hate going to the vets, and the past couple of times, she has had scarily rapid breathing, and it has taken her a while to recover when she is finally home.

Is there any way I can make the journey less stresful for them? Or should I just leave her at home when she doesnt need to go herself?

Thanks, Laura.

If it is stressful for her I would leave her at home. What if you rub a small blanket on Molly for Brian to snuggle with on the journey then rub Brian with smells from their litter tray and Molly before he goes back with Molly. That way he will not smell too strange to her.

do you realise snuffles is highly contageous ? he should have been quarentined to avoid her getting it :?
hope hes better soon, as for her if she does not like trips in the car i would leave her at home to save her getting stressed ;)

I put a few drops of Bach rescue remedy (from Boots or the health food shop) in their water bowl the day before and the day after vet trips. If it's an emergency trip then I just bung it in their water when they get back.

Back