• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

toys for a hyperactive giant!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Any ideas on toys that Bella would like to play with, she has always been lively and attention demanding and now she is single is going to require even more stimulating! I opened the shed up this morning and she had completely trashed it everything she could throw about had been thrown! Dustpan and brush, ball, stool all where they shouldn't be (apart from the ball as thats her toy) and a whole bag of hay had been emptied and the bag was in her litter tray :shock:

She has a couple of balls, sticks and a cardboard tunnel (although that's quite a squeeze :shock: ), she likes tossing things around, any ideas?

I stuff a chewb or a toilet roll centre with hay, grass, fruit, veg and some treats and let them go to town, they love it. they toss it around and little tit bits fall out.

It's also cool if you can suspend the tube and they have to reach for it - Bix loves that :)

I too like the suspended tube trick, I cram mine with hay, with treats in the middle, drives them absolutely mad!

Any ideas on toys that Bella would like to play with, she has always been lively and attention demanding and now she is single is going to require even more stimulating! I opened the shed up this morning and she had completely trashed it everything she could throw about had been thrown! Dustpan and brush, ball, stool all where they shouldn't be (apart from the ball as thats her toy) and a whole bag of hay had been emptied and the bag was in her litter tray :shock:

She has a couple of balls, sticks and a cardboard tunnel (although that's quite a squeeze :shock: ), she likes tossing things around, any ideas?

oh yes give her cardborad boxes inner tubes from carpets ( get these free from carpet shops ) football, you can buy giant willow balls they love theses too
giants are great and just love to trash things ;)

What about a toy on wheels that she can push around? Julie is not a giant but sure does love playing with toys. She loves treat balls and anything that she can push around that is noisy. She also loves her toy rabbit and drags it around by th ear.

Keith loves balls with bells in- he just kicks them, then walks up, and kicks them again.

Look at stuff for cats and dogs as well!

omg teresa..is splodge gone?:shock::(

footballs.......wicker laundry baskets with hay in......anything noisy like those grassy balls with bells in..or go spy some plastic maracas etc in a kids shop or charity shop.

teething rattles.....anything hard plastic..oh and a cheap frisbee...i must bring ours downstairs again..bertie either lobs it..or pees in it..nice eh:lol:

omg..i must have been offline for a while....im so so sorry.

hmm maybe you could get another giant or a dog to keep her busy:lol:

come on we need piccies:wave:

get an empty crisp box or wine box and fill it will hay,readi grass and grass.mine go crazy trying to get in at the grass.keeps them busy a while

My giant bun is pretty lazy but he does love cardboard boxes - I make the hole to get in just a little too small so he has to chew his way in (or he finds the quick way in and just jumps on top and squashes it)! He has a big three way cat tunnel as he can't fit through the ones made for bunnies. He also likes his jingley balls, those little selection box cereal boxes which I put some hay, grass and a few pellets in and he'll spend ages throwing those around and he has a Spongebob pillow which I've never actually seen him play with but every time I go in the shed it's moved so he must be doing something with it! :lol:

Back