• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Reccomendations In The GLASGOW AREA

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
I am getting a bunny soon and i will be getting him vaccsinated against myxi as i know that theere are lots of foxes and wild rabbits around and i was wondered if anyone knew of a vet near Barrhead,Glasgow
Thanx xx

Last edited:
I am getting a bunny soon and i will be getting him vaccsinated against myxi as i know that theere are lots of foxes and wild rabbits around and i was wondered if anyone knew of a vet near Barrhead,Glasgow
Thanx xx

Hiya and congrats on your new bun :) (when you get him/her).

Don't forget that you need to vaccinate against VHD every year too.

:wave:

great news on you getting bunny brilliant :D
i will add as no one esle will dont forget the injections are not 100% especially the myxi one so your rabbit can still get the illness and still die from the illness i nearly lost 2 rabbits to the injection alone and did lose one i know of 10 bunnies that have died from myxi even though they had the jab :?
you need to know that having this injection done will not stop them getting it
there are side effects talk it through with your vet it does cause infertility with the myxi jabs there are other side effects too people i know have done research on it so best talk things through with your vet when you get one and make sure you know everything you need to know before going ahead
i know of no side effect for the vhd its the myxi one i would worry about :?
cant wait to see your bunny what you getting ?
ann x

not too sure what breed yet but will be a male and will more than likely get him neutered as well as have done lots of research and decided this would be best.
Thanx and will talk through everything with my vet( when i finally find one lol), i dont really think think risk is that big coz there has benn about 20 people with pet rabbits on my street and they have never had myxi.have also been to my local pet shop and they have told me A LOT they were really good ( but will not be getting my rabbit there )

Thanx x:wave:

not too sure what breed yet but will be a male and will more than likely get him neutered as well as have done lots of research and decided this would be best.
Thanx and will talk through everything with my vet( when i finally find one lol), i dont really think think risk is that big coz there has benn about 20 people with pet rabbits on my street and they have never had myxi.have also been to my local pet shop and they have told me A LOT they were really good ( but will not be getting my rabbit there )

Thanx x:wave:

lol good idea not getting from pet shop could end up with anything if your wanting rescue im sure people on here can point you to a suitablr rescue.
good luck
ann xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! I'm pretty sure there are some scots in here- might help to edit the title to say Glasgow area and grab their attention!

Looks like you've done lots of research before getting your bunny which is really ace! Good idea to find your vet first too, bunnies are good at surprising you by being ill suddenly! :roll:

Keep an eye on the rabbits in need section- rabbits looking for homes are posted up there and there's been a few in Scotland. There's been some proper lovely ones too :love::love::love:

Make sure you stick around and post some pics when you get him, so we can all coo and get jealous!

Edit: Like this guy! Look at him! Bless: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230148

Last edited:
great news on you getting bunny brilliant :D
i will add as no one esle will dont forget the injections are not 100% especially the myxi one so your rabbit can still get the illness and still die from the illness i nearly lost 2 rabbits to the injection alone and did lose one i know of 10 bunnies that have died from myxi even though they had the jab :?
you need to know that having this injection done will not stop them getting it
there are side effects talk it through with your vet it does cause infertility with the myxi jabs there are other side effects too people i know have done research on it so best talk things through with your vet when you get one and make sure you know everything you need to know before going ahead
i know of no side effect for the vhd its the myxi one i would worry about :?
cant wait to see your bunny what you getting ?
ann x

Jazzywoo: if you search on threads for VHD reactions you will find that there are many buns on RU that have had reactions to VHD and there is a recent thread discussing both Lapinject and VHD. That is not to say that it is not to be recommended - just drawing attention to side effects. I have never heard of the myxi jab causing infertility but as there are so many bunnies in rescue awaiting new homes infertlity in rabbits may not be seen as a problem!!!

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm pretty sure there are some scots in here- might help to edit the title to say Glasgow area and grab their attention!

Looks like you've done lots of research before getting your bunny which is really ace! Good idea to find your vet first too, bunnies are good at surprising you by being ill suddenly! :roll:

Keep an eye on the rabbits in need section- rabbits looking for homes are posted up there and there's been a few in Scotland. There's been some proper lovely ones too :love::love::love:

Make sure you stick around and post some pics when you get him, so we can all coo and get jealous!

Edit: Like this guy! Look at him! Bless: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230148

This guy is still looking for his forever home and I have him here in Falkirk whats not that far from you pm me if your intearested please

Back