• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babysitting

I'm babysitting for the OH's nieces rabbit-Penny.
It's strange having 2 rabbits :lol:

Don't think I could ever cope with 2 though :? too worrying, the other day I cleaned them both out (seperate times of course :) ) and first was worried as Penny hadn't pooed for a while, then she pooed and I was happy, then realised Princess hadn't so was worried about her, (I could have done with RU then, She was changed at 12 and by 7pm still hadn't pooed, I was close to ringing the vet, trying to give her hay, and rubbing her tummy, then I let her have a good run and she finally pooed, was a bit soft at first but was ok about half an hr after thank god)

I think Penny is a nethie (I'm not good with breeds lol and never thought to ask)

Will add some piccies in a bit :)

looking forward to pics! I <3 nethies.

I couldn't cope with only having one, I'd be mothering him/her every minute of the day (which is what's happening now with my single bun until he's well, neutered and bonded :roll:).

bit of an unrelated rant now:
I know someone who had never had rabbits in their life and decided to get 2 one week and 2 more the next. He was shocked that he couldn't just throw them all in together, further shocked when I told him how much neutering was, surprised that they need 3 jabs a year each and then confused when he couldn't bond four unneutered girls together. Needless to say he gave them all up. :roll:

looking forward to pics! I <3 nethies.

I couldn't cope with only having one, I'd be mothering him/her every minute of the day (which is what's happening now with my single bun until he's well, neutered and bonded :roll:).

bit of an unrelated rant now:
I know someone who had never had rabbits in their life and decided to get 2 one week and 2 more the next. He was shocked that he couldn't just throw them all in together, further shocked when I told him how much neutering was, surprised that they need 3 jabs a year each and then confused when he couldn't bond four unneutered girls together. Needless to say he gave them all up. :roll:

:roll: he gave up quick you can bond uneuterd rabbits i have 5 does living together at the moment and i did as you say throw them together guess i was lucky lol mind you i find bonding easy never had a problem :D
i love bunny sitting i have 2 staying with me at the moment 2 i bred one conti who is now 2 and a german lop who is now 1 ist to have them back for holidays :love:

Last edited:
Aww, please don't rule out getting Princess a husbun! Rabbits do need each others company, particularly when you can't be with them 24/7. Having a partner can (IMO) mean the difference between life and death in a poorly bun. I'm certain I would have lost Ginger a long time ago, if it hadn't been for Pickles.

It's so lovely to watch rabbits interact anyway. :love:

:roll: he gave up quick you can bond uneuterd rabbits i have 5 does living together at the moment and i did as you say throw them together guess i was lucky lol mind you i find bonding easy never had a problem :D

that's pretty unusual, most does start to fight with each other around 6 months if they haven't been fixed.

Back