• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will Lola pine?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
I have let Lola be with Lucy but she has left her now and has eaten her breakfast.

What do i do?

I cant lose Lola.

I'm so sorry about Lucy Cat.

It sounds like she has accepted and has ;left her alone, so take Lucy away. Lola may have known before that Lucy was gravely ill.

Just feed Lola as normal, with some extra treats of stuff you know she can eat, if you want to, as and when (I tend to use this as a way to check if they are eating). Spend a lot of time with her and see what happens.

She may be ok, she may need a friend straight away, she may want to be your friend.

Time will tell, but Lola is in the best place, with the best care and a fab owner. Hopefully she will be fine.

If she has moved away from Lucy then you can take Lucy away :cry:

There is no reason to think you will lose Lola too, although I fully understand your anxiety.

If you could manage to cope with it a PM would possibly give you some clue as to 'why'. Of course it wont bring Lucy back, but it may help you cope and not just keep going over all the 'what ifs'.

Having a PM is a totally personal decision, there is no right or wrong thing to do. But for me I always request a PM when an unexpected loss occurs.

I am so sorry Andrea :cry:

you should see in a few days which way she will go. its awful having one left behind and trying to figure out whats for the best while being so deep in greif yourself.

im so sorry hun xxxx

It might not seem real today, but give her a few days, i know with mine, its taken a few days to sink in.

Lola is a very independent bunny, lots of treats and runs in the garden she will be ok hun

Big hugs, still cant believe it :cry:

Im so sorry :(

Spend as much time as you can with Lola, she will need some extra attention.
Lots of nose rubs for Lola, and hugs for you xx

Binky Free Lucy xx

I had the same worries Andrea when Fluffy died.We always said that if one of them died the other wouldnt be far behind,however as Daisy was with him when he died I think it helped her to accept he'd gone.Give Lola lots of cuddles,treats noserubs etc.I'm sure she will be fine.
Hugs to you both xxx

When Tinkerbell lost Simba, she was very quiet and withdrawn for a day or two. It took about a week or so for her to get back to normal.

Hugs for you and Lola xxx

Don't put too much pressure on yourself just now, you need time to grieve. Just watch Lola the next few days and you will know when the time is right for her to have a new friend xxx

I am a great beilever that rabbits know when another is going to leave for the Bridge and they usually keep their distant from a sick bunny as if to give them some space and by Lola going off to eat to me she has accepted that Lucy has gone.

Lola is eating some hay - she has not eaten her tea - I have tried and kept everything normal and to her routine.

I cant bear to see her there on her own but it does not seem fair to put her in the dog crate to be with me - thats just to make me feel better.

I cant wait for today to be over x

Back