• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

By popular demand........ My latest question....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
What do indoor piggy people do with their piggies when they want to go outside? In a run? Free ranging where the rabbits have been (I've heard rabbits can make piggies sick). Would it be ok for piggies to eat the same grass as the rabbits have been eating or do I need totally separate areas for both - cause I can do that, would just be handier if I didn't have to. And how much veg and what veg? and any herbs?? Do they just eat the same kind of greens as rabbits? :shock:

;) I think that's more than one question. Piggies need veg with more Vitamin C in, they can't produce it themselves (like people!). mine love green peppers :love: but mostly they just eat the same veg and herbs as buns.

;) I think that's more than one question. Piggies need veg with more Vitamin C in, they can't produce it themselves (like people!). mine love green peppers :love: but mostly they just eat the same veg and herbs as buns.

..... and she goes off to google veg full of vit. C.......

Guinea pigs need Vit C every day, my 4 girls live outside all year round and I let them free range like the bunnies do. Can't let my two boys free range as you can't handle them :roll:

Guinea pigs eat virtually anything.....think potato is a no go though like bunnies.

Some guineas need to be careful with Apple as it can cause small blisters on their lips, I've found Peppers (Red & Green) to be a favourite as well as Celery, Courgette and Plums

Back