• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem with being in run..

Smithyrock

Warren Scout
Benjy is an indoor rabbit but has a run outside. About a week ago I noticed a little patch of fur missing off his face. Concerned I looked on-line and the only thing it seemed to suggest was some form of skin might. It was really strange as there was no scratch, it was almost as if it had been shaved off! Anyway, I decided to give him a couple of days of close monitoring and he was fine in himself and the hair was growing back with no sign of redness/ broken skin etc. Anyhooooo... I've realised that when he's in his run he's rubbing his nose against the bars to the point where he's made a red mark just above his nose. He did this even though my son and I were in the garden with him at the time. Should I just give up on him being outside altogether? Seems such as shame when it's nice weather.

Back