• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey, bensonlola- no bunny worries today?

oh no! whats your sad dog story? :cry:

Well our little Maddy - my sisters dog really. Had lung cancer and we knew the end was near and my sister would have a tough decision to make. She had a very bad night on Sat night and my sister called me on Sun morning to say this was it and she had an appointment with the vet and could I drive her.

I did but Joan (my sis) just wasn't ready to let go and the vet understood and gave the dog an injection to releive her but we knew it would only last a day or so. Well, little Maddy came home and rallyed round.

I got a text this morning written at 4.00 am from my sister to say that lilttle Maddy had passed away peacefully at 3.45 am this morning lying beside Joan in bed.

Very sad, but Maddy was really ready to go and this way Joan has no awful memories of having her put to sleep in the vets. She just passed away in Joans arms, peacefully. We loved her and my little guy Chester will miss his girlfriend. :cry:

Well our little Maddy - my sisters dog really. Had lung cancer and we knew the end was near and my sister would have a tough decision to make. She had a very bad night on Sat night and my sister called me on Sun morning to say this was it and she had an appointment with the vet and could I drive her.

I did but Joan (my sis) just wasn't ready to let go and the vet understood and gave the dog an injection to releive her but we knew it would only last a day or so. Well, little Maddy came home and rallyed round.

I got a text this morning written at 4.00 am from my sister to say that lilttle Maddy had passed away peacefully at 3.45 am this morning lying beside Joan in bed.

Very sad, but Maddy was really ready to go and this way Joan has no awful memories of having her put to sleep in the vets. She just passed away in Joans arms, peacefully. We loved her and my little guy Chester will miss his girlfriend. :cry:

:cry: at least she went at home instead of at the vets :cry::cry: thats heartbreaking though :cry:

:cry: at least she went at home instead of at the vets :cry::cry: thats heartbreaking though :cry:

It is heartbreaking. She was such a sweet little dachshund, not a grumpy bone in her body. I actually felt bad taking her home from the vets because it was the first time I had really seen her suffering and fighting for breath like that. However the injection worked really fast and she had relief from it until she died the next morning. I'm glad she wend like that in the night - I couldn't face watching her suffer like that again. Happened really quickly - literally got 10 times worse overnight and then she was gone. We have lovely memories of a very happy, precious, loving little girl though. We were lucky to have had her for 15 wonderful years. Making myself cry now. Off to bed. Time is a great healer (and new guinea pigs!!) :cry:

Aw, that's sad :(

Our Louis has lung disease, and the warmer weather is making it harder,but he's still got some fight in him at the moment.

Well then. The animal sanctuary may insist that the little lady I have found be neutered in case she gets stroppy with the rescue and will want me to have her 'done'. Well the breeder I have found is a lovely man who doesnt breed much, loves his piggies, vetted me thoroughly (secretly with the person who gave me his number) before allowing me one of his piggies, doesnt supply pet shops, keeps all of his piggies and won't even sell me 1 but just wants to give me a piggy. Well I couldn't spay her behind his back so I rang and asked if he would have any objections and he wont allow it!!! Personally I dont really want to spay a little girlie either. I thought they wernt like rabbits - you know the hormones and cancer thing.

Anyway - the breeder said, "tell you what, because I like you and I want you to have Abigail" - thats what he calls her! He said "I'll find you another little girl to keep her company". (!!) But the whold idea was to rescue a piggy in the first place!!!

Am gonna ring the santuary again and say I wont be neutering the girlie and can I pleeeeeeeease still have max once he is safe to put with a girl piggie.

I didn't want to get breeders piggies. I wanted to rescue and just wanted to get a wife for little Max and I've rang rescues up and down the country and noone has any piggies at all.

Oh it's getting too complicated!!

I think spaying girl piggies is pretty risky, its not really 'done', and there are no health risks if they aren't spayed (don't worry I've quizzed every piggie forum under the sun about this!!) even neutering isn't standard among piggie people, and same-sex couples are the norm :shock:

its like falling down the rabbit hole! :lol: well, piggie hole :lol:

Oh dear...does sound complicated. I knew a lady who kept guinea pigs who sounds a bit like your guy. I don't think her girls were spayed :?. She only occasionally bred, and kept them all, but would let the odd one go to a good home.

It would be nice for your fella to have a girlfriend. What do they advise on the GP forum?

:roll: Well I really want the girl piggie she sounds lovely and I'm going to meet her - I just hope that they see sense in the sanctuary - breeder says they are being over cautious and he wont have his girl spayed and I cant have her if I do that!! I said I wouldn't want to do that to her anyway. My quandry is two of his gorgeous, glamorous, long haired girlies or rescue little Max anyway but he might have to wait for ages, on his own for a wife. Not going down petshop route. Apart from anything else, I wouldn't trust them to pick me out a girl!!!

Wish I hadn't seen Max or thought of Guineapigs. Now I've started I really want two!! What am I like!!?? :oops:

Oh dear...does sound complicated. I knew a lady who kept guinea pigs who sounds a bit like your guy. I don't think her girls were spayed :?. She only occasionally bred, and kept them all, but would let the odd one go to a good home.

It would be nice for your fella to have a girlfriend. What do they advise on the GP forum?

Must go and ask. Back soon!! :wave:

:roll: Well I really want the girl piggie she sounds lovely and I'm going to meet her - I just hope that they see sense in the sanctuary - breeder says they are being over cautious and he wont have his girl spayed and I cant have her if I do that!! I said I wouldn't want to do that to her anyway. My quandry is two of his gorgeous, glamorous, long haired girlies or rescue little Max anyway but he might have to wait for ages, on his own for a wife. Not going down petshop route. Apart from anything else, I wouldn't trust them to pick me out a girl!!!

Wish I hadn't seen Max or thought of Guineapigs. Now I've started I really want two!! What am I like!!?? :oops:

If the sanctuary are willing to let Max go as a single piggie then take him as a single piggie. If you then go on to get him an unspayed wife (who won't get pregnant if he's neutered) then they won't know about it....just a thought...

If the sanctuary are willing to let Max go as a single piggie then take him as a single piggie. If you then go on to get him an unspayed wife (who won't get pregnant if he's neutered) then they won't know about it....just a thought...

Ahhhh..... the cloak and dagger route........ hadn't thought about that. If I can just be assured that they won't fight then I would consider that!! :p

Back