• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't stop looking for Holly

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Since Holly died I seem to have had a hard time accepting it, I bonded Dylan inwith Bea and Bob and all is good there, but they just don't care about me :( I started looking through RR, free ads etc etc looking for Holly, I know if I find a lookie likey he/ she probably wont be the same, but I just cn't stop it

I found this bunny the other day, I mean other than a little darker he is the spit of Holly, I rang up and he had gone :cry::cry::cry:,

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/pets4homes/home.nsf/Rabbits-for-Sale/CF0CAFFCAAC22BCC802577270081988D

It's been a few weeks now, you'd think I would of got my act together, but I can;t stop looking, just done my nightly search through the freeads and the is still no Holly :(

I shouldn't even be looking, although a boy Holly would probably fit in with Bea, Bob and Dylan, I doubt a girl would (Bea is a bit funny), that boy there would of been perfect. I aint going to find her though am I :(

ETA I was looking for a unwanted bun, not a baby off a breeder

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

i look for Pearl in the pics i see of RU bunnies. im not actively trying to find a bunny to adopt tho, just want to see her alive.

im sorry your struggling hunny i really am. as much as i want you to find her, i hope you dont.. she was precious and special and can only exist once xxxx

You may find one that looks different but has the same personality.

Keep faith - somebun will turn up who is just right for you, whether they look like your Holly or not. You'll know when you meet the right one.

Thank you it's silly because I run a rescue and have access to buns all the time, just not met another one like her, she was such a fuss pot, I kind of convinced myself if I find one that looks like her it will be like her, I know I am being daft, but it's turned into a bit of an obsession, I should completely ban myself from looking :oops:

its not silly hun, its the way you are dealing with it. i still cant watch videos of Pearl just how we cope huh xxx

:( I know how you feel, I lost a beautiful bun a few years ago in a horrific way, and at first I never even wanted to see another Dutch rabbit like him, but now every time I see a black and white Dutch I desperately want him/her.

I think donnamt is right, you are looking for her, not for a bun like her. It's understandable though :( hope you feel better soon xxx

she was obviously very special, i could tell that from our convos. big hugs to you, i know its not easy. Phoebe is very similar to Lottie, minus the obvious difference in colour.. its strange

miss her so much :cry:

My heart really went out to you.

I searched for Flash, actually physically, and even drove 150miles from my parents house for my house searching for him.

Holly was unique and you won't find her because she was totally unique and physically she has gone. You are most likely to find her with personality, not with how she looks.

Are you allowing yourself to grieve? Or do you think searching for her may be a way to not accept she has gone?

the other day i walked home from work and 3 years after losing him i saw MY george.. it was dead hard to walk past and not grab him... he wasnt my boy he/she was someone elses kitty but it didnt stop my heart stopping with what ifs... now that is silly aint it :oops::oops::oops:

I know how you feel, I'm always looking for Bob, much as we love Ted and Rosie, Bobby will always hold a very special place in our hearts. I know that a Boo look alike wouldn't be like him though :(

I always feel like I've been kicked in the gut when I lose one, but I just feel like I've lost my little mate with her, I guess it will get better and I totally adore all the ones I have, just wish they loved me a bit :(, I might force Beatrix to have a cuddle in a minute :lol::lol: :lol:

I was suppose to rehome her, but she ended up staying maybe I should stop looking, if there is another Holly out there maybe she will find me.

I always feel like I've been kicked in the gut when I lose one, but I just feel like I've lost my little mate with her, I guess it will get better and I totally adore all the ones I have, just wish they loved me a bit :(, I might force Beatrix to have a cuddle in a minute :lol::lol: :lol:

I was suppose to rehome her, but she ended up staying maybe I should stop looking, if there is another Holly out there maybe she will find me.

I think that is so true - animals have a way of finding you when they are soul mates :)

i know how you feel about not being loved back :(:(

i now have two bunnies that can live without humans, Pearl well she loved fuss and loved to groom...

let yourself be sad hun, its only been a few weeks and you should grieve for her properly

I vote for that version as well :D

That said, I'm still looking for my Scratty over two years later and she's not out there :cry::cry:

Last edited:
Thank you, yes I am going to stop looking now, I got her ashes back last week so guess it just makes me sad when i look at them, perhaps I should hide them :oops:. I keep trying to play with mu buns, but they look at me like i've gone out of town, maybe I should try licking there eyes :oops::lol:. It's funny because Zippy is Ste's Holly, yet Zippy don't like me at all, she even follows Ste to the toilet, I guess I was always the one that cleaned her abscesses so she just associate me with rubbish stuff. It's hard isn't glad you all understand, was feeling a bit of a freak :oops:

I'm so sorry your still hurting, I was heartbroken when I lost Chester, I don't think you ever fill the void, but sometime another special bun comes along and helps to narrow the gap left behind, Digby has helped me, he looks nothing like Chester, but he does lots of things that remind me of him, like nudging me when I'm in the way, or grooming me and even sitting on my feet just like Ches used to, I'm hope you soon find another bun to help ease your pain:cry:

Last edited:
Awwwww yeah, this is like Holly, as soon as me or anyone come in, even if she didn't know them she was on their feet ready for a fuss, miss having her climbing all over me when I am sat on the sofa, or trying to steal my chips and curry, she was always after curry :?, she was a funny one.

Aw - She sounds like she was such a special bun. Like you said, if there is another Holly she will find you but tbh, i suspect you'll never find another bunny like Holly but you may find another one that will find it's way into your heart.

The only way i can describe it is like having kids. You worry when you have another one coming along because you love your eldest so much you worry you havent got anymore love left to give anything else but when it comes along your heart grows and you find you love your second child as much but the love is 'different'.

I really hope you are ok and have found time to grieve. xx

ETA: I've NEVER heard of a curry loving bunny!! :lol:

Back