• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help

teru

New Kit
Hello, I'm not sure this is where i should post this, but I need some help. Someone just gave me a tiny rabbit and I was wondering if there is a way to figure our it's breed (i don't really mind, but my husband wants to know if it will grow to be huge hehe).

If anyone can help me i would appreciate it very much. I don't know it's age...

30692_1474016218250_1469036655_1219537_5645229_n.jpg

30692_1474016298252_1469036655_1219538_6706682_n.jpg

He's lovely (but I'm not much good on breeds!)

Might be worth taking him to the vet for a check over and advice tomorrow :wave:

Aw he is very tiny :love:

You said someone just gave him to you... do you know this person well? Where did they get him? Maybe they could tell you how big the parents are

Nope, I don't know the person. he was just sort of giving them out in the street. he was about to give it to some kids who i just knew had no good intentions so i decided to take him in.

I'll probably take him to the vet tomorrow. See what they tell me. I still apreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!

30692_1474036538758_1469036655_1219566_5993986_n.jpg

What an absolute little darling!! Hope hes old enough to leave mum.
Looks like a nethie x to me...Sending many vibes.xxx

Very tiny, I'd definately whip him/her up the vets tomorrow to get the dear little thing checked over. They should be able to help you with age/breed etc. Good luck with the little love! :love:

Yes I would definatly want to get him checked over, I'm no expert but I think he looks too young to be away from mum :? which could cause a problem with his tummy.

What are you offering him to eat - I think you need to be very careful with that.

Not sure if you said where abouts you are but I would post that and someone could suggest a rabbit savvy vet in your area as sadly they are not all experienced with rabbits.

Keep him nice and warm and give him somewhere to hide away so he feels safe, a cardboard box with a hole cut in will do - somepeople give a cuddly toy for them to snuggle up to but watch he doesn't chew it.

He is very cute:love:but looks about 3-4 weeks old so should still be with his mum:cry:are you giving him a milk substitute? he will need this if he is going to survive as he will not be weaned yet:cry:Is it possible to get him put back with her for a few more weeks?Hope he is O.K.:cry:

if the chap was giving the buns away on the street,,its more than likely he doesnt want the mother either,,could you not ask for her,,thus ensuring both their survival,,,the baby only looks about 3 to 4 weeks old,,he needs warmth and if you can find out what they were feeding him,,he might be more inclined to try and eat,,best of luck with him/her:wave:

Back