• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:(

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Had an awful weekend.

On saturday we wen't to my aunts house. I knew they use to have rabbits but didn't know if they still had.
My uncle took Mia and Harri down to see the ducks and chickens and they are spoilt, massive inclosures, they loved strokeing them. Then he said they had rabbits, so Harri came and got me knowing what I'm like :lol:
Wen't round a corner and I could of cried.
The hutches were unbearable to look at.
Falling apart. No food,bedding. 3ft long at a push, two had long spaces the other 3 were about 2ft.
The ones in 3ft could just about fit in heigh wise. The other three were squashed down is was so low.
Nails long, all matted and all the english were stained yellow :(
They don't get handled, vaccs or neutered.

I rang the RSPCA earlier and they said they would send someone out, but they have water so I'm sue they won't do anything.
Tying to persuade them to sign them over to a charity :(

Then Bramble died this morning. Bens been looking after them ans hes been fine, takeing meds, eating and drinking. He had another fit and just died straight after :cry:

I could of taken them all home. Theres no point in forceing info down there throats as they won't listen. Ive just got to gently persuadethem.
The ducks/chickens so spoilt but the rabbits get no time or anything.

Bramble was doing fine when we went away, no fits, all good, Bens really good and knowledgeable and knows my vet so knew he would do everything he could of.

Everything happens at once doesn't it :cry:

I'm so sorry. What a difficult situation to be in regarding the rabbits. :(

Regarding Bramble - am so very sorry xx

Tons of hugs for you xx :love: xx

I'm so sorry to hear about Bramble. At least you know he was well cared for and loved.
Heartbreaking to think of those other bunnies. I hope the RSPCA are able to help them xx

Back