• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear.... 'useless' rabbit needs home.....

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Found out about a bun a breeder I know is 'getting' rid of as she cannot give birth to live young (she is only 8 months old and has given birth to several litters of still borns...).

I dont know what to do about it.

I am so tempted. She is a chocolate nethie...... and all of you should know by now that I LOOOOOVE the chocolate colour...... hmmmm.

What to do???

Go and get her?

I know the OH will say no.... but the bun is obviously in need.... and in need to of a spay ASAP really.... there could be something bad going on in there..... :?

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Why do OHS always get in the way?? :evil::evil:

Hes still intent on me sending Beans back too..... URGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Its worse than living with parents! Hes not my boss...!!!

My heart strings are hurting for the frenchie x english i just saw :cry: shame he's a male... but he's broken orange... would look soooo good with my pair... But after my pair have gone I'm not getting more bunnies :(

Right, well, what would your OH do if you did bring rabbit back? Go mad and live with it, or go mad and be very angry? You have to be prepared to be very forgiving... so I say DO IT :p

My heart strings are hurting for the frenchie x english i just saw :cry: shame he's a male... but he's broken orange... would look soooo good with my pair... But after my pair have gone I'm not getting more bunnies :(

Right, well, what would your OH do if you did bring rabbit back? Go mad and live with it, or go mad and be very angry? You have to be prepared to be very forgiving... so I say DO IT :p

Well he def cant walk out on me as I have just borrowed some money off him which he would not want to lose..........

Why don't you bring her home and bond her with Tessy?

But the doe is 8 months and Tessy is ...... 8 years (9 this November). I dont know whether I would want to do that sort of age gap..... when Tessy eventually goes, she will be alone again :( Does that sound silly?? I dont know :shock:

But the doe is 8 months and Tessy is ...... 8 years (9 this November). I dont know whether I would want to do that sort of age gap..... when Tessy eventually goes, she will be alone again :( Does that sound silly?? I dont know :shock:

well, I think depending on how active this doe is I don't see why bonding wouldn't work? Obviously the nethie needs to be very laid back for your elderly girl. :)

well, I think depending on how active this doe is I don't see why bonding wouldn't work? Obviously the nethie needs to be very laid back for your elderly girl. :)

I havent met the doe, she has been described as 'shy' but this breeder doesnt have runs or anything so goodness only know how she would react with grass under her feet etc..... Tessy is very slow these days and has no fat on her back... just fat on her sides, if you know what I mean? Oh, and her dewlap!! Lol!! Shes been alone for a year now. And she would be three times the size of a nethie. It might be worth a go. I am so unsure!!! (Oh, and I havent mentioned, my mum said no more pets at her house.... fact.... lol)

My Toffee boy is 8 and all his friends are much younger than him. He's soooo much more active because of them! :love:
Instead of thinking about saving her, (if she's not suitable) why not consider bonding Tessy in with Rimmi and Wints?

Poor Little baby :(

If you got her.. would you bond her with your current buns?
And if that didnt work, would you be able to get another bun to bond her with?

These are other things you need to think about, aswell as your o/h.

goodluck with your decision xx

Ah ha!!

I looooove Alice so much.

I will go and get her tomorrow and take her to Alices where she will get A1 care and a spay. After the spay, I am going to take my lot over for an intro to see how they get along.... my two might become a three tee heee heeeeeee.......gives me some time to work on the OH.......

As for Tessy, she has loads of interaction with my mums v old male rabbit through wire and there is nothing but pure love there.

I am a bit concerned about introducing her to other buns, she has lunged at Rimmi and Winter through the wire before.

Anyways, I will collect her tomorrow and her future will be discussed at a later date.

Ah ha!!

I will go and get her tomorrow and take her to Alices where she will get A1 care and a spay. After the spay, I am going to take my lot over for an intro to see how they get along.... my two might become a three tee heee heeeeeee.......gives me some time to work on the OH.......

As for Tessy, she has loads of interaction with my mums v old male rabbit through wire and there is nothing but pure love there.

I am a bit concerned about introducing her to other buns, she has lunged at Rimmi and Winter through the wire before.

Anyways, I will collect her tomorrow and her future will be discussed at a later date.

Thats good news!
I hope it all goes well! :D

Ah ha!!

Why don't you bond them then?

Back