• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best mix?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My Winston is getting a bit picky in his old age, and seems to prefer mix to SS pellets....So which is the best mix to give him?

I like Mr Johnsons Supreme mix (the green one). I find it keeps them in really good condition. :)

For the underweight, post op or elderly ones I use Wagg Bunny Brunch mixed with their pellets

Last edited:
I use the Rabbit Royale too. It's got a few dried flowers and other lovely looking bits in it.

And my buns always eat the lot. No selective feeding.
________
FOXXMATURESEXY

Last edited:
For the underweight, post op or elderly ones I use Wagg Bunny Brunch mixed with their pellets

better fibre and protein than Royale, and all our buns get fresh and dried veg and herbs in their diet normally

here's the ingredients/analysis for both in case anyone is interested
Wagg brunch
Ingredients:Wheat, Grass, Wheatfeed, Oats, Peas, Maize, Oatfeed, Locust Bean Meal, Syrup, Sunflower, Linseed, Vegetable Oil, Yeast Vitamins and Minerals. Vitamin A: 6000iu/kg, Vitamin D3: 1000iu/kg, Vitamin E: 40iu/kg, Copper: 16mg/kg.

Typical Analysis: Protein 14.0%, Oil 4.0%, Fibre 9.0%, Ash 5.0%

Royale
Protein 12% Oil 2.5% Fibre 6% Ash 14%
Vitamin A 10,000 iu/kg Vitamin D3 1,000 iu/kg Vitamin E 50 iu/kg
Copper 30 mg/kg

I think you have the Fibre and the Ash content mixed up ;)

RR is 14% Fibre, 6% Ash

I'll check Jane as took it off a pet supply site!:lol:

Jane you are right , as always!:D
so edited my post..thanks for checking
( it's go the wrong analysis on a few suppliers sites:?)

Last edited:
I have used Rabbit Royale for some of mine who prefer mix and mixed it with SS pellets though at the moment all of mine are on just SS because its been working out cheaper being on offer!!

Another vote for dodson & horrell rabbit royale. If you email them they will send you a free sample to try. They sent me two huge ones and a voucher.

we use Rabbit royale too but buy it by the large sacks only, either from Jolleys or online if we are ordering other stuff.

If you want a small amount to try I don;t mind sending you a few scoops :wave:

another one for Rabbit Royale Chudleys, its all my pair get now and I cannot fault it, its just brilliant, all natural and is full of herbs. Really good for fussy bunnies and I find my pair don't tend to pick at it.. they only really leave the little meadow seeds which have actually sprouted on the ground in their enclosure :shock:

You may find smaller independent pet stores sell the mix food, I can buy it in the pick and mix, but buying a big back works out much more economical :wave:

Back