• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just picked up tonight

Hopper

Mama Doe
Got a call out at 10.20pm tonight to collect a rabbit and 2 guinea pigs all caged together in a cage no bigger than a cat carrier :(

Got there and one guinea pig has broken back leg so been rushed into vets, no doubt the rabbits done it accidently :(

female rabbit no older than 6 months, real sweet girl. There was no hay or food and a tiny bit of water.. Got them settled in now over night in emg hutch and cages, with tons of hay, food, water and fresh veg..

My worries are I went to home check this guy 4 weeks ago to adopt a dog off us. I told him then when they were in a hutch (which has broken, hence cage, plus hutch was only 4 foot) that the rabbit and piggies need to be seperate, they need bigger hutch with a run, plenty of hay etc.. he told is he would sort that. Since then (we didnt allow him to adopt a dog from us) he has been getting free dogs and then calling me a few days later to rehome tem as he cant cope!! He has a mastiff cross staffy there, 10 months old that attacks his 6 month puppy when he goes near water or toys. he phoned tonight as i arranged to get rabbit in morning as have kids here and said the dogs bit him, he taking it to police as dangouras dog.. Its only 10 month old! I got my mate to pick me and kids up and we went straight down with carriers and muzzles etc.. I went in kitchen and the dog is in a crate, growled at us as obviously felt intimidated and threatened being locked in a cage. I corrected him and once he laid down and relaxed let him out, he came pounding out, tail wagging and wanting a fuss, the second I went to stroke him he hit the deck and cowered :( he has abviously been beaten by previous owners. he sits well and gives paw and very treat orientated which i showed the guy how to use that to work with him.. he said the dog went for him and bit his hand when he grabbed the harness to bring him in, I elxpained that was fear, you went up behind and he thought you was going to hurt him. That he didnt need to touch the dog to get him to respond. Just to add. I dont think the dog bit him either as he said he had to pull him off, there was not a single mark on his hand and I was there 20 minutes after he reported it happened.. i think it was desperate plea to get dog out as he cant cope. He comes to name called and focuses on your hand with treats in, rewarding him to do as you want is all thats needed.. In all honesty I think he is lovely, I really like him.. Wont be placed in a home with other dogs, esp males. He gets on well woth the lab x ***** there as she isnt bothered, but when the 6 month male pup goes for a drink or a toy he attacks him.. defiantly no children due to his fear of being touched unseen!! Managed to get him to hold the dog and have 2 days to find experienced foster home for him.

Anyway, here is the bunny and piggies :love:

Bonnie
bonnierabbit1.jpg

bonnierabbit2.jpg

Buster:
busterpiggie1.jpg

Mischeave
mischeavepiggie1.jpg

Poor little things look shell shocked!! Hope they settle in.As for that chap....I cant get over how people are so thick and have no idea how to keep animals, or to handle them..I could rave on all night....
However, aat least the bun and GPs are safe.May God help the others in this mans.....er......can hardly say care can I??

Omg, how lovely are all of them? :love: :love:

The dog may have been playing aswell, considering its only young still. Andy 'bites' my hand all the time (which doesnt hurt a bit :lol:) and people look at me like im prevoking bad behaviour :roll: Poor thing, he sounds like he has loads of potential though :love:

Oh that is so sad. Poor little bun and guineas, I am so glad they are now safe with you. Gorgeous little furries. :love:

Omg, how lovely are all of them? :love: :love:

The dog may have been playing aswell, considering its only young still. Andy 'bites' my hand all the time (which doesnt hurt a bit :lol:) and people look at me like im prevoking bad behaviour :roll: Poor thing, he sounds like he has loads of potential though :love:

I think it was the fact the guy went up behind him and grabbed harness, the dog thought he was going to beaten and snapped in defence.. You should of seen him hit the deck and cower when i went to stroke him :( I still dont beleive he bit him either, as there wasnt even a took mark on his hand.

This guy we think has mental health problems. he is 18 yrs old and been in care, he is under adult services now.. I am going to contact the ss and have a discreet word under animal welfare rescue and see if we can get a stop to this.. At the moment i trying to stay on his friendly side to help the animals in there still, though have gave him a pep talk and told him he has to stop taking in more..

Bonnie the bunny is a real sweety, little nervouse as expected but so sweet, so are the piggies..

Will update as we go along..

This is the dog:
scar1.jpg

scar4.jpg

They're beautiful animals :love::love:
If only people were more responsible about who they rehome to.

Back